Fuck you

Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all Dave is the geekiest piece of shit I know here. Now I will post:

So one day I met a dude that said he knew how to set up anchors to climb rocks. Later we figured out how to place protection including cams without getting hurt. I took a fall on a Beckey piton later on, and bolts and cams..

I thought I was a 5.10 climber since I could lead certain routes at smith rox and slabs etc. But I learned that there was another type of climbing following crack systems (incipient sometimes) and had no bolts. This part was an adventure sometimes with a noteworthy introduction of things by a good friend. However he knew nothing about mountain climbing and had no experience more than 3 pitches with bolt anchors. We climbed well together but he was the mentor… Not accidentally but looking for a certain mountain route we decided to climb something new. I was happy but not exasperated. It was fine climbing but a second option….

I took a break from climbing but read some books always about the PNW. The Nelson books always seemed to have the most intriguing routes. They offered winter climbs summer walk ups and big wall or whatever. What other inspiration would you need? I am not much of an explorer..

While on my 3 year break I slung boxes and cursed people’s fitness. I drove a forklift and drove people mad. Eventually I returned to the land of glaciers and shitty winter weather.

I had no interest in skiing on return. I lived in an apartment and paid my bills but daily I would hike the nearest summits. I got high on my hikes and thrived on moving faster sometimes.. I became more fit. I desired some of those mountains I was scared of.

Eventually I found those mountains I was scared of to be reasonable goals. They were merely a game with weather and partners. But when I did find those mountain tops they were good experiences. Nothing to be forgotten…

I could climb one mountain in a mere 3.75 hours hungover that I thought would surely be overnight on the whim of my partner’s comments. I’m still surprised I was gullible enough to go forward with it. But it was October and we left down to the car in daylight. I guess we were not that slow.

Later I was looking at a nice ice route on a large mountain face. It was irresistible but scary. I didn’t do it then but waited until late season to get afraid of snow conditions. I was learning about snow..

Traveling to other mountain ranges made me learn more. It’s a bond between the mountain and person because the mountain can shit someone out like a blue bag.

I learned more rock types and it was fun. The infamous black band was formidable to say the least. It offered climbing more than I was ready for. Rating was a joke.

Now I am looking at a mountain. I see large features and so called weaknesses. I know the mountain holds thousands of secrets and witnesses to some of them. You can make a rating. There are no bolts here and sometimes there are no ice screws to place or good pitons. Find yourself.

If I fail to climb this summit I am still happy to enjoy the local environment and my success is only measured upon fun.

Some may climb it with ease and some may criticize me but it matters not since I was there to have fun.

That day I learned to not die placing that cam was the beginning.

So with stupidity and fitness I managed another climb that I would be sure to be an overnight climb.

I an only relish for so long I suppose...

But now I find more of them challenges and they may have a rating but some are way beyond a rating in comparison. Sure one will take you one day but the next will take you in so much pain...

I am not loathing. I am not inviting. I am only expressing.

Climb them and if you think your rating is someting to be noted then think again.

BTW FUCK OFF

MisterE said:

Rating don't mean fuck-all. Climb for the joy, mah brutha grin.gif

Everyone has their bitch. Or maybe a couple of them.

To admit is one thing - to boast we all do.

I'm only hoping for luck.

I can find many routes in pristine conditions but to find them in sporting conditions too is another note.

Cpt.Caveman said:

Trask is only ok because he is real. Real meaning he is not afraid of the biased piece of shit moderators and posts what he thinks is right.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, you're right, but I wonder about what Trask thinks is right some times evils3d.gif

Maybe that's wrong too - either way, I love the freedom to say the_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gifthumbs_up.gif

Caveman is a good partner to have in the mountains and cragging. I am going to take him to the dark side when he returns from his trip. We are going to try to harvest Odocolleus hemionus/ or Odocolleus virginianus for some entertainment. My only wish is that Mike Adamson could come along.