Peter_Puget

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

Talking about climbing has been determined to be chestbeating rolleyes.gif

We show how we are cool climbers by not talking about climbing. tongue.giffruit.gif

Actually, this is quite true. Check out the Pickets TR if you don't believe me. Besides, climbing spray is boring. Thing is, it's hard to tell who's hardcore and who's a wannabe if we never post TRs.

Mr Natural –

It is posts like yours that give this site its lame ass wannabe image. It is so arm chair!. Anyone with sense realizes it is more like this:

Hanging off that pocket you reach to clip the draw and your body swings out of balance. You look down and see the knife edge arete and think;”I’ve got to make this clip!” Then when you start to pull the rope up to clip the draw and your strength is failing you’re thinking how much you wish you were on some trad crack route where you could just hang on a cam wherever and whenever you wanted. But you hang in there and make the clip and then quickly throw for the “Jug” .Only to find out that the jug isn’t quite as big as DFA led you to believe. Feet swinging you match hands, stabilize and pull thru! The anchors are clipped and a quick lower brings you back to the ground. That evening eating the biggest combination plate the Mexican eatery offers you notice that your arms are still like rubber; you feel like you are King of the World! Then you notice that cute as hell girl across the room and wonder: Is that Muffy or Minx?

PP bigdrink.gif

Peter_Puget said:

Mr Natural –

It is posts like yours that give this site its lame ass wannabe image. It is so arm chair!. Anyone with sense realizes it is more like this:

Hanging off that pocket you reach to clip the draw and your body swings out of balance. You look down and see the knife edge arete and think;”I’ve got to make this clip!” Then when you start to pull the rope up to clip the draw and your strength is failing you’re thinking how much you wish you were on some trad crack route where you could just hang on a cam wherever and whenever you wanted. But you hang in there and make the clip and then quickly throw for the “Jug” .Only to find out that the jug isn’t quite as big as DFA led you to believe. Feet swinging you match hands, stabilize and pull thru! The anchors are clipped and a quick lower brings you back to the ground. That evening eating the biggest combination plate the Mexican eatery offers you notice that your arms are still like rubber; you feel like you are King of the World! Then you notice that uglyass bitch across the room and wonder: Is that Muffy or Minx?

PP bigdrink.gif

Ohhhhhh, harsh....

Dru said:

snaf.gif is great hangover food

sphix those is pretty bold words from someone who has NEVER posted any thing about climbing. what's your excuse, you cant get it up but you like to watch? the_finger.gif

Hehehehehehehe. Oh, I climb alright. This is just my spraying avatar!

Peter_Puget said:

Mr Natural –

Hanging off that pocket you reach to clip the draw and your body swings out of balance. You look down and see the knife edge arete and think;”I’ve got to make this clip!” Then when you start to pull the rope up to clip the draw and your strength is failing you’re thinking how much you wish you were on some trad crack route where you could just hang on a cam wherever and whenever you wanted. But you hang in there and make the clip and then quickly throw for the “Jug” .Only to find out that the jug isn’t quite as big as DFA led you to believe. Feet swinging you match hands, stabilize and pull thru! The anchors are clipped and a quick lower brings you back to the ground. That evening eating the biggest combination plate the Mexican eatery offers you notice that your arms are still like rubber; you feel like you are King of the World! Then you notice that cute as hell girl across the room and wonder: Is that Muffy or Minx?

PP bigdrink.gif

i dont think this web site is lame, and if it were it would not be my fault. i admire your enthusiasm for hard routes be they sport or other. i personally could never get excited about a route that short no matter how steep hence my poo pooing c.r. but more POWER to you.

Peter_Puget said:

Mr Natural –

PP bigdrink.gif

Or......

You finally realize the the mother whom you call earth is really the devil in disguise. As you move up the ridge line of one of her narl blemishes, she tries to rip you from her surface... Your feet feel like anvils and the skin on your face has already started to peel. Breathing get harder with every ten steps and the cold sweats start to come. Your expose, oh are you exposed. You look down to the spaghetti noodle size river at the bottom of the valley. You think how many cartwheels would it take until I finally reached the bottom... Now the wind picks up. With every gust your finger tips get raked across the rock and you loath the rocky-mountain weather patterns. You start to wonder if that is death you see coming in the sky. But no, its the storm. Bombs would be more welcome at this point. The thunder rattles what little concentration you have left. Hail is being shot down out of the sky. That BB size stones sting as you find shelter. As you sit huddled it a crack, wild eyed like an abused dog. thoughts race through your mind about your life at home, and your family... The sun come out and a glorious summit awaits you. Now on top your praised by the gods... Later at home as you try and sugar coat the event to your wife she begs of you to not leave her a widow. You can make no promises because the mountains call to you. You are the marcher of time, a beholder of the mothers real truth.