Something gapertimmy would appreciate...

sobo

So, this here is for folks who have young'ns.

Last night while out on our evening stroll, my 11-month-old boy says his first word (or at least I'd like to believe it's a word).

It was plab. grin.gif The fact that he said "plab" was plab in and of itself. This morning, he was saying it all the time.

*proud fatherhood moment concluded*

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sobo said:

He's got several species of the "stuffed snaffle", but Mommy's a vegitarian, and we've got this big debate going over when he's gonna have his first HCL.gif I'm currently losing...

Concince her that lack of meat (protein) is gonna grow him up scrawny and weak, those inviting beatings from his classmates. Meat...it's good for you, and it's good for your children. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Yeah, we've had that "discussion" already. She's got this book called Super Baby Food or somesuch, with a bunch of recipes and shit. She says he's getting all the complete protiens he needs from cottage cheese, pureed beans, cheeses, mashed up hard-boiled egg yolks, yogurt, etc. Then she goes and tops it off with all this other shizzle like flaxseed oil, nutritional yeast, and wheat germ and stuff.

The way I figure it, he's eating better than I do, and she's taking care of it, so I'm butting out unless I want to take over as house-mom. He's a good kid, anyway. Really well-adjusted for 11 months, considering where he came from.

Thanks for the link, Dru. He's still on breastmilk-based formula, and has been since we brought him home from Vietnam. He didn't start on solids until 3 or 4 months ago, when he was past 6 months old. So we're doing good, at least by that study's baseline. Thng is, we can't seem to get him to drink enough water with his meals. rolleyes.gif

*this is really not a baby thread, it was supposed to be about plab* grin.gif Where's all the motherly advice from those other moms out there, like minx, ChrisT, and Muffy? confused.gif

Dru said:

insert the letters yoy into appropriate spots in plab to make a 7 letter word wink.gif

as for what it means, it means dat's some damn plab shiznit!

Hhmm. Guessing is stands for playboy then. I'll have to think on what makes this word is an adjective.

gapertimmy really knows the score, but it means, in essence, something on the order of:

very nice, schweeeet, cool, awesome, etc.

Like, "Freshies are plab", "The boarding on Saturday was plabiliscious", you get the idea. wave.gif

ehmmic said:

Dru said:

insert the letters yoy into appropriate spots in plab to make a 7 letter word wink.gif

as for what it means, it means dat's some damn plab shiznit!

Hhmm. Guessing is stands for playboy then. I'll have to think on what makes this word is an adjective.

As I remember Uncle Timm@y telling it, it goes something like this...

When he was a young boy, there was a stack of contraband Playboy mags around. Doesn't get much better in a young boy's life. Things started being reffered to as "plab," a contraction of Playboy, to express great appreciation.

Usage: "Ehmic, Ive heard you have a real plab sleeping rig in your truck smile.gif"

Freshiez are PLAB!

fruit.gif

the way Timm@y told it to ME during the Bend Real World Las Vegas Pube Club meeting was that plab was "code" so his Mom wouldn't know he was talking about playboys with his teenage friends yellaf.gif

So did ya see the new Plab

Yes i really enjoyed reading the articles! cantfocus.gif