scientists in the NCNP

johnny_destiny

I was near Eldorado this week and ran into some scientist types. I got curious and asked a few questions. They were not very forthcoming with information but from what I observed and got anwers to they are looking into the following:

1. ice worm habitate and the impact humans have on them

2. over population of marmots and the negative impact they have on plant life in the area.

Interesting...don't know where this is headed, but...?

JD

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THEY ARE GONNA CROSS BREED THE ICE WORM AND THE MARMOT!!!!

Damn it.

They will make a snaffle that borrows through the ice and gnaws away the ice screw from inside the glacier, or that chews the snow bridge away as you try and cross it!

Damn these meddlers with Nature madgo_ron.gif

The wolves steer clear of humans, you'd likely never see them. Snafflehounds are a different matter. The little buggers are always trying to chew on your gear. I doubt wolves would have much impact on the snaffles we find in the high places, because frequently they are too lofty for wolves to get to. Birds of prey are probably the main control there.

Just keep them away from the cliffs, is all I can say. I don't think they'll find that climbers are endangering the ice worms, and apparently there is no problem with the snaffle population, but if those guys go and find out that chossy moss-covered cliffs are an endangered habitat in Western Washington, they'll try to put us out of business!!!

Greg_W said:

Oh, YEAH!!! I'll have my new Savage .270 next week. I'm ready!!!

Go head and buy another weapon Greg. Cause ya never have enough. Guns of all types, bows and arrows, spears(hand held, Hawaiian slings, gun_type), knives, of all sorts, axes, and again of all sorts. If there is anything more enjoyable than climbing its using weapons for target practice and then trying to take game with them.

Greg, a buddy of mine just bought a .17 Remington for shooting snaffle like creature in the desert long grass. He said the the rH factor is awesome. (r=red/H=haze)

.17 hollow point going at 2800 feet per second....wammmmmm rockband.gif