Dr_Flash_Amazing

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiwi said:

If guns ownership was removed, I reckon stabbings and 'alternative' forms of homocide will rise to compensate. Guns just happen to be really convenient and efficient.

This has got to be irony right here. Please say that it is. Because you couldn't possibly actually believe that. Could you?

Convenient and efficient, convenient and efficient, convenient and efficient. The same motivating factors behind pay-at-the-pump, U-Scan, sport climbing, the automobile, etc. etc. etc. Fuckin' A, people; a convenient and efficient killing implement makes it gobs easier to decide to kill someone.

Fuck guns. boxing_smiley.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

This has got to be irony right here. Please say that it is. Because you couldn't possibly actually believe that. Could you?

Convenient and efficient, convenient and efficient, convenient and efficient. The same motivating factors behind pay-at-the-pump, U-Scan, sport climbing, the automobile, etc. etc. etc. Fuckin' A, people; a convenient and efficient killing implement makes it gobs easier to decide to kill someone.

Fuck guns. boxing_smiley.gif

I still stand by my statement. I never said I support guns. I just believe that removing guns will NOT remove the natural humans desire to murder. Sure the extra effort required to kill someone will deter some, but--I reckon--not most.

big man with a gun

i am a big man

(yes i am)

and i have a big gun

got me a big old dick and i

i like to have fun

held against your forehead

i'll make you suck it

maybe i'll put a hole in your head

you know, just for the fuck of it

i can reduce you if i want

i can devour

i'm hard as fucking steel, and i've got the power

i'm every inch a man, and i'll show you somehow

me and my fucking gun

nothing can stop me now

shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot

i'm going to come all over you

me and my fucking gun

me and my fucking gun

NIN

It takes some gumption to get up close and personal and cut somebody up, to get that imploding-melon feeling of bat-to-skull action in your hands, blood spattering your face, etc. DFA would counter that the removal from the gritty realities of the act that a firearm allows, coupled with the aforementioned convenience and efficiency (and of course the ready availability of guns) makes it much easier and more attractive to lay waste to your fellow humans.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

It takes some gumption to get up close and personal and cut somebody up, to get that imploding-melon feeling of bat-to-skull action in your hands, blood spattering your face, etc. DFA would counter that the removal from the gritty realities of the act that a firearm allows, coupled with the aforementioned convenience and efficiency (and of course the ready availability of guns) makes it much easier and more attractive to lay waste to your fellow humans.

Flip side of that is that it is easier to defend yourself as a 72-year old woman when a would be thief breaks into your house at 2 am (actually happened).

Here's one..

http://www.lcav.org/content/gunviolence.asp

Not the one I used for my previous stat but it'll do. I got the "11,000 deaths" from Stupid White Men. I'll reearch his source tonight and get back to you.

Here's some more fodder:

Gun Death - International Comparisons

Gun deaths per 100,000 population (for the year indicated):

Homicide Suicide Unintentional

USA 4.08 (1999) 6.08 (1999) 0.42 (1999)

Canada 0.54 (1999) 2.65 (1997) 0.15 (1997)

Switzerland 0.50 (1999) 5.78 (1998) -

Scotland 0.12 (1999) 0.27 (1999) -

England/Wales 0.12 (1999/00) 0.22 (1999) 0.01 (1999)

Japan 0.04* (1998) 0.04 (1995) <0.01 (1997)

* Homicide & attempted homicide by handgun

Data collected by Philip Alpers, Harvard Injury Control Research Center, and HELP Network

Additional data can be found in Table A.10 of the World report on violence and health, published by the World Health Organization on 3rd October 2002.