Hello from Patagonia

Wallstein

As many of you know I had been planning on going to Patagonia for a while now. Well I am finally almost there. Right now I am in Calafate. We are just a couple of hours away from El Chalten which is the closest town to the National Park were Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre are. Tomorrow we should reach the Rio Blanco base camp and then shuttle loads to the Marconi Glacier. We hope to try new routes on Cerro Pollone and Pier Georgio. I will be happy just as long as we stand on the summit of something. I heard there were 13 days of good weather in December so hopefully this is a good sign. Well I must go, we are still missing on important supply that we must get in Calafate. Multa. I bet everyone can figure out what that is. Hopefully El Chalten has internet access and I will be ablt to write again. If not I will post again in 6 weeks or so.

LaterMike

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, Patagonia sounds like fun. Right now I´m another cc.comer in far locales. The weather has been in the 80´s down here in Potrero Chico. Yes, I admit it´s all sport . . .but there´s 15 pitch routes where all you need is 14 quickdraws and its not raining. Good luck Wallstein, I just read greg crouch´s new book and he said you can wait for weeks for one day of good weather down there.