Worse than CC.com

Peter_Puget

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually pete

a suicide pact is hyperlinked in the agreement you clicked on when you signed up here....it also includes a adendum to your insurnace policies naming cc.com the sole benefactor(mattp did the legal work!!!!!)

Sad. Without knowing too much about the Asian culture though, I've read somewhere before that the Japanese teenagers have one of the highest suicide rates in the world. The pressure of high school and what not. It seems that suicide could be a more prevalent activity in Japan than elsewhere due to the alternative of bringing dishonor to their families due to failure. Am I off the mark there?

Troubling news...

JGowans said:

Sad. Without knowing too much about the Asian culture though, I've read somewhere before that the Japanese teenagers have one of the highest suicide rates in the world. The pressure of high school and what not. It seems that suicide could be a more prevalent activity in Japan than elsewhere due to the alternative of bringing dishonor to their families due to failure. Am I off the mark there?

Plus suicide is not looked down upon in the same fashion as in other cultures. Suicide is preferred--by both friends and family--over dishonour. Christians look at it as throwing away God's gift. Others see it as running away. The Japanese see it as the sensible thing to do. This is not to say that they kill themselves the first time they fail at something. It's just they have a more 'relaxed' view of it and there's none of the stigma of going to Hell as in Christianity.

Sphinx said:

If the dumbfucks want to kill themselves, let em. They serve no useful purpose except clog the mental hospitals. madgo_ron.gif

Yet more aggro idiot spew - you really need to go get laid and quit bringing your poisoned reactionary shit to this board, Sphincter. the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifmoon.gif

MisterE said:

Sphinx said:

If the dumbfucks want to kill themselves, let em. They serve no useful purpose except clog the mental hospitals. madgo_ron.gif

Yet more aggro idiot spew - you really need to go get laid and quit bringing your poisoned reactionary shit to this board, Sphincter. the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifmoon.gif

Actually, this isn't aggro idiot spew. Too many people use threats of suicide to manipulate friends and family. Don't try to argue this point, it's true.

Sphinx said:

MisterE said:

Sphinx said:

Actually, this isn't aggro idiot spew. Too many people use threats of suicide to manipulate friends and family. Don't try to argue this point, it's true.

You are not worth arguing with, period. Read YOUR text again. rolleyes.gifthe_finger.gif

We don't see failing high school as dishonorable, because we all can relate stories of high school dropouts who have "made it" in life, who have been successful, built up business and the like. In Japan there are fewer options for those who don't fit in. It's sad really.

There was a young Japanese woman in the concert band I in which I play at Shoreline CC. We were working on a very difficult piece of music called Armenian Dances by Reed. She told how when she was in junior high school they prepared that piece. They rehearsed that ONE piece of music for ten hours a day until it was perfect. She said it had been like torture. I was amazed that she was willing to play it again. So here we were college level students and adults spending one hour a week for 6 weeks to prepare this piece. We were doing it for fun and enjoying it. The point being that the Japanese don't seem to strike a balance between work and play as we do.