It's SO SMOKING POT...

Dru

I got most of the use in my lungs back... I chew and not smoke cigs, and get high not even once a week any more... but some times its just nice to get rid of the ADD of a stressful life... I'm more of an alcohalic than anything, maybe we should talk about that...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erik said:

CRACKED

INSTEAD OF MAKING EXCUSES WHY YOU DONT DO IT, JUST SAY "I CHOOSE NOT TO."

NO ONE REALLY CARES!!!!

fruit.gif

Ok, here goes: I CHOOSE NOT TO!!!!

And you're wrong. Going by the heated 'discussion' going on, many people do care. I gotta finish my essay, but I'll happily argue later. wave.gif

Possessing marijuana is a criminal offense. A person arrested for possession of marijuana can be charged with either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the amount involved and may receive a prison sentence.

The marijuana available today is stronger than the marijuana available in the 1960s. It also may be laced with other drugs. Because it's impossible to judge its potency just by looking at it, its effects are hard for users to regulate.

Tetrahydrocannabinol, the main, active ingredient in marijuana, temporarily alters brain functioning that affects sensory perception, reflexes, and coordination. Because it changes the way people see, hear, and feel, it can impair judgement. Driving under the influence of marijuana is extremely dangerous. The fact that many smoke marijuana while they are drinking alcohol makes driving even more lethal.

Though many people believe it isn't, marijuana is physically addicting. Each year, 100,000 people in the United States alone are treated for marijuana dependence. Heavy marijuana smokers who quit smoking may experience the same symptoms of withdrawal as users of nicotine or other drugs.

Studies suggest that marijuana may cause permanent short- and long-term memory loss.

Smoking marijuana can release inhibitions, causing people to engage in risky social and sexual behavior. In recent years, the consequences of such behavior has become deadly; since contracting AIDS is a possible consequence of unsafe sexual practices.

As with any excessive drug use, smoking marijuana can interfere with work performance, extra-curricular activities, and peer relations. Heavy smokers often lose their sense of motivation and find it difficult to concentrate. Particularly potent marijuana can even induce paranoia.

Regular use of marijuana may play a role in causing cancer (particularly lung cancer) and problems with the immune or reproductive systems. Studies also show that someone who smokes five joints a day may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day.

Found on www.nida.nih.gov

Have fun, pot-heads. wave.gif

dalius said:

I don't mind the good herb, but what the hell is up with that 420 crap? I've always found that extremely lame. Just because it's a certain time of day, you need to smoke? Can't figure out on your own when to smoke?

that depends on how much you smoke! yellaf.gif blogus lietuvis! yellaf.gif

Sphinx said:

Possessing marijuana is a criminal offense. A person arrested for possession of marijuana can be charged with either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the amount involved and may receive a prison sentence.... blah blah bah Found on www.nida.nih.gov

thanks i had to sit through the DARE program in 6th grade and don't need a refresher.

Mr._Natural said:

Sphinx said:

Possessing marijuana is a criminal offense. A person arrested for possession of marijuana can be charged with either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the amount involved and may receive a prison sentence.... blah blah bah Found on www.nida.nih.gov

thanks i had to sit through the DARE program in 6th grade and don't need a refresher.

drinking mass quantities of alcohol when pregnant causes birth defects... found as evidenced by sphinx's slurred speaking cleft lip narrow eyes and severe retardation...

the best part about dare, was that none of us even knew what drugz were till the man came by and showed us.

seems like a silly program. of course i am going to try it after ihave been told not too...wheres the physcology in that???

Fence_Sitter said:

Mr._Natural said:

Sphinx said:

drinking mass quantities of alcohol when pregnant causes birth defects... found as evidenced by sphinx's slurred speaking cleft lip narrow eyes and severe retardation...

rolleyes.gif

Sphinx said:

blah blah...marijuana...blah blah

Do you really believe everything everyone tells you, especially our Oh-so-trustworthy goverment? Have you heard that our goverment, yes the AMERICAN goverment, has been guilty of propoganda in the past? Do you believe in the Prohibition? Have you ever considered why certain governments have decriminalized the use of marijuana? Maybe it's not that bad. Maybe it doesn't lead to other drugs. Maybe it won't get you pregnant. Maybe it won't give you AIDS! Maybe, just maybe.

dalius said:

Sphinx said:

Do you really believe everything everyone tells you, especially our Oh-so-trustworthy goverment? Have you heard that our goverment, yes the AMERICAN goverment, has been guilty of propoganda in the past? Do you believe in the Prohibition? Have you ever considered why certain governments have decriminalized the use of marijuana? Maybe it's not that bad. Maybe it doesn't lead to other drugs. Maybe it won't get you pregnant. Maybe it won't give you AIDS! Maybe, just maybe.

And maybe crack isn't addictive! And steriods don't shrink your balls! And tequila doesn't get you drunk! Why would I believe the GOVERNMENT on these issues?

They said the pot-heads don't believe it. rolleyes.gif

dalius said:

Sphinx said:

and mabe...just mabe...it'll get you high! rockband.gifyellaf.gif who cares... you do what you do...i do what i do... shut your pie hole sphincter

Thanks for the government propaganda. Do you have any information that wasn't collected and analyzed by an organization whose elected officials typically receive huge perks from the tobacco and alcohol industries?

Remember, cannabis is competiton for the legal euphoriants, so the companies who produce cigs/booze/prozac have a huge stake in keeping pot illegal. Just look at who funds the "Partnership for a Drug Free America".

On a side note, what flavor of fool takes any goverment propaganda at face value, and tries to pass it off as knowledge. What does the AMA think about cannabis?