thunderstorms are plab

gapertimmy

well we didn't have any quakes in bend last night but we had some fatty electrical storms. they rolled in around 6Pm (while i was at bat for softball, an epic game btw). but they lasted all night long, the lightning must have been rather close to my house as the thunder shook my house and woke me up at least 5 times.

electrical storms are way plab, as long as you aren't on top of a ridge exposed. growing up in texas i learned to respect these storms and appreciate them and its kewl to be back in a place where these are common, albeit scary and the fire dangers suck ass, nevertheless ITS PLAB

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazzy dood... They rolled through the valley bout 3am... was sleepin with the window open and BOOM!!! scared the living shit out of me... flew out of bed and was ready to cap some one in 1.32 seconds... the wife call me back and I was cool...

OH YEEEEAAAHHH!

There was a biggie at the end of last month that hit Royal City as I was driving through that area for my work. You could see it coming from the Columbia for miles. Big, black, roiling clouds. I just pulled off the road and waited for it to come by and spank me. Very plab hanging out in a car in a massive t-boomer. thumbs_up.gif

icegirl said:

E. washington gets them... the biggies, with the lightning darting from cloud to cloud... they fill half of the horizon... you can smell them coming and your hair gets frizzy

Totally... I love the smell of a tunderstorm... spent quite a few summers in the rockies, and the shows there are truely amazing... I once counted 78 strikes to the same granite spire in the Tetons, from the jackson side... the funkin rock seemed to glow red hot afterwards...

I was towing a Cessna 650 Citation at 0430 this morning in all that lightning, rain and shit on the tarmac where I was totally exposed...SCARY!!! Very interesting to see however, as I heard that lightning/thunder is pretty rare in this country....

Anna said:

I was towing a Cessna 650 Citation at 0430 this morning in all that lightning, rain and shit on the tarmac where I was totally exposed...SCARY!!! Very interesting to see however, as I heard that lightning/thunder it is pretty rare in this country....

depends on what you call rare... bout 5-6 a year in the euegne area...

Totally... I love the smell of a tunderstorm... spent quite a few summers in the rockies, and the shows there are truely amazing... I once counted 78 strikes to the same granite spire in the Tetons, from the jackson side... the funkin rock seemed to glow red hot afterwards...

I lived in Flagstaff, Arizona for a year and the thunderstorms were incredible. thumbs_up.gif You are basically living in the clouds. I have to agree with the smell of a good storm coming on laugh.giffruit.gif Nothing can match it!

I once counted 78 strikes to the same granite spire in the Tetons, from the jackson side... the funkin rock seemed to glow red hot afterwards...

WOW you make me miss the rockies!

I call clouds that make storms like that: Cumulonimbus OVERTIMEus yellaf.gif(Only the firefighters will get that)

In college I worked at an atmospheric physics lab in NM. T storms formed and spent their entire existence over the lab (which was at 10k feet). You could almost set your watch by their formation. we also shot rockets up into them to trigger lightning down to where we were. I saw some of the most incredible storms there.

Unfortunately, in the Tri-Cities, we mostly only get to watch the storms dancing around other parts of the mid-Columbia. But we do get them once in a while (it's looking good for tonight, maybe....)

bigdrink.gif