Preemptive Chest Beating

Toast

So my friend Ken and I climbed up da Toof yesterday. Ken had to work, so we got a late start. We hit the trail promptly at 2:00 PM. It was sunny, clear and glorious. We passed one pair of hikers early on, but aside from that we didn't see a soul. We had this popular peak completely to ourselves... no waiting, no lines, no nada.

Midweek rules. Beat that suckas tongue.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Toast said:

So my friend Ken and I climbed up da Toof yesterday. Ken had to work, so we got a late start. We hit the trail promptly at 2:00 PM. It was sunny, clear and glorious. We passed one pair of hikers early on, but aside from that we didn't see a soul. We had this popular peak completely to ourselves... no waiting, no lines, no nada.

Good work TT. What time did you start climbing and what time did you get back to the trailhead?

I would have much rather been on the Tooth than with the 100+ people that were at exit 38. Although there were some ladies.... "watch me!". "huh?" "I said watch MEEEEEEE!"

From memory... take it with a grain of salt.

2:00 Depart cars

4:30 Pinapple pass

5:00 First pitch

???? Summit

7:30 Descended from base

9:30 On the road home

We did it in four pitches with a 50 meter rope. You could probably do it in three with a 60 meter rope... or you could solo it tongue.gif

We took the West side back. That route's pretty much gone unless there's a new dump of snow (yeah, right rolleyes.gif) I can't count how many times I postholed through to underlying creek beds. Skis would have been nice but that's going pretty quick too. cry.gif

Toast said:

bitch i climbed all morning with only one other guy in the same canyon and he was holding the rope.

lummox said:

Toast said:

bitch i climbed all morning with only one other guy in the same canyon and he was holding the rope.

Well, did he share his "rope"? (smoking graemlin) hahaha.gif