Dealing with a noisy cat

Alasdair

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cats actually dislike the odor of Napthalene, a common ingredient in many moth balls. A few moth balls placed in the fence line, at the gate, or wherever the cats tend to congregate could be another solution to your problem. Try to put them in a dry area, or protect them from the rain (be creative) so they don't dissolve too quickly in the rain.

You may want to assess the potential for neighborhood children ingesting the moth balls, though. A phone call to any poison hotline could tell you just how much of a concern that may be (I don't really know if Napthalene is toxic....assume it is.)

You can tell a lot about a person by learning whether or not they like cats. People who have a controlling nature like dogs, because they are so compliant. They hate cats, because cats are totally independent and can't be made to do anything they don't want to do on their own.

Actually, I had another cat (Trango, RIP) when I was out climbing all the time before I got married. A bowl of food and some water left outside for the weekend and a friend/landlord/gf to come by once to fill up the vittles is all you need. And they're just as happy to see you when you come back as a dog would be. IMHO, the most maintenance-free of any mammalian pet.

Now, my wife's rabbits... Yeeesh! Can you say "hassenfeffer"?

I can't stand cats, but you wouldn't believe that with a name like 'kitten'. Killing any animal with poison is cruel, the death is a slow and painful process. Can't you just call animal control? smirk.gif

Dogs are the way to go. Yep, yep , yep! smile.gif

I once had a sadistic boss who didn't like his neighbor's cat coming around his house, so he decided to poison it. He put cyanide "borrowed" from work in some hamburger and tossed it over the fence. The dog ate it instead. The neighbor children told him, "Ginger had a heart attack". "That's too bad", he told them. He was grinning as he related this story.

The same guy would tell how his father like to hit his mules in the head with two by fours. This is also the same guy who bragged about beating the shit out of a soccer dad from his kid's opposing team because, "he didn't like all his yelling".

See the pattern?