God Bless the NRA

allthumbs

The annual meeting of the NRA gives me much to think about. We bid goodbye to our outstanding president, Charlton Heston, who served the association splendidly during his three terms, and welcome new president Police Chief Kayne Robinson, who is well on top of the situation. That situation is never easy. The foes of liberty never sleep, and the less sense they make the louder they howl. They do not accept the fact that THE ARMED CITIZEN IS IN ITSELF THE DEPARTMENT OF INTERNAL SECURITY. No government can tyrannize an armed citizenry, as has been proven throughout history. The armed citizen can be ruled only by his own consent, and this is obvious to both sides of the political spectrum. I think we may assume that the good people will always outnumber the bad people, and thus if all people are equipped and ready to protect their liberties, those liberties can never be destroyed. This has always seemed simple to those of us in our camp. Why it is not so to people on the other side remains a puzzlement. So we take continued pride and comfort in our Association, the oldest and most distinguished civil rights gathering in the world.

The NRA is not perfect. Nothing is. But the remedy for that is to get into it and make it so. There is always room for argument, and the truth, reached by argument, shall make you free.

So it goes Brothers,

trask wave.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So sayeth Robbie the NRA robot, regurgitating standard rhetoric about freedom, security, second amendment, blah, blah, blah...

Trask, I'll bet you have one of those bumper stickers that says, "the day they take my gun away, they'll have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers"?

i got a hand gun for my 18th birthday.

i think i have shot it like 5 times total.

hand guns are pointless.

just like machine guns.

the sad thing about the nra, is that thier heads are shoved sooo far up thier ass, that they will never see reality.

catbirdseat said:

trask said:

get a job, moron

I forgot to tell you trask, I got one, if only for 4 weeks, but the pay is swell. Then it's back to climbing. thumbs_up.gif

Got a nifty (permanent) job lead I'm working on, though.

You got all those chainsaws, K, and the price is good for poached trees - hell, who needs employment?

And if you get caught, you got that chipper to dispose of the body... hahaha.gif

catbirdseat said:

Fence_Sitter said:

or picking mounties of mountaineers dome! evils3d.gif

Blood makes the rock all slippery and hard to climb. thumbs_down.gif

Perhaps the PERFECT testing-ground for A7U-brand 12 gauge hydrophobic chalkshells. "Dryit then climit" we say down at the ol' KeroChalk factory.

Of course, even the Mounties might have a member trained in service rifle competition. Worst thing you could do for yourself is bring fire on a target upslope from your pos.

CBS, I love ya man, we can disagree on guns but still get along about climbing. I think.