There may be hope for lummox

catbirdseat

A drug that is currently used to treat epilepsy has been found to reduce alcohol craving. Before starting the drug participants were taking 9-10 drinks of alcohol a day. After 3 months, the placebo group was down to 3 a day, while the drug group was down to 1.5 drinks a day. Interesting that the placebo effect was larger than the drug effect, which was quite large by most standards.

Read the Seattle Times Article.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I once contributed to a friend getting a DUI. I had no idea that he was an alcoholic at the time. We went out for a pitcher, after which I headed home. He, on the other hand, went to another bar and had another pitcher, then got pulled over by the cops. I felt badly about it because he lost his license for a time. After that I was the wiser and always had a cold Pepsi to offer him when he dropped by.

Threw a bach party years ago in Austin. Some shitfaced asshole crashed it ('friend of a friend'), walking through the screen in our door as he entered.

We realized he was driving, so when we headed for the bar from there, we carefully planned how we would get him in somebody else's car for the ride. Didn't work---he became beligerent about it, and drove off alone in a huff. We came up behind him, less than a block away. He had seen a cop and immediately turned---up over the curb into a churchyard! tongue.gif The most-deserved DUI I ever saw.

RobBob said:

Threw a bach party years ago in Austin. Some shitfaced asshole crashed it ('friend of a friend'), walking through the screen in our door as he entered.

We realized he was driving, so when we headed for the bar from there, we carefully planned how we would get him in somebody else's car for the ride. Didn't work---he became beligerent about it, and drove off alone in a huff. We came up behind him, less than a block away. He had seen a cop and immediately turned---up over the curb into a churchyard! tongue.gif The most-deserved DUI I ever saw.

Dude, those Bach parties can get out of hand. People don't realize how tuff Johann Seb' could partay, but after a couple pitchers of strawberry Bachueris, you know you're going to be hurting the next day.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

RobBob said:

Dude, those Bach parties can get out of hand. People don't realize how tuff Johann Seb' could partay, but after a couple pitchers of strawberry Bachueris, you know you're going to be hurting the next day.

NO Shit have you seen "VERY BAD THINGS"

outahand... way outahand....

RobBob said:

BWAHAHAHAH...dipshit. yelrotflmao.gif

just opened the first one....aaahhhhhhhhh

some days need more drink than others! bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

WTF is up w/this weather?!?! driving me to start drinking early!!

I've had it! all you freshiez lovers can take this snow and stuff it up yer bums! Snowed all morning...had to pull some freak outta the ditch this AM...snowed all day while we were out finally got sunny and got to slog through th slush and now it's snowing again. BAH! shoulda just stayed in and started drinking earlier!

awright! fruit.gif you say that like it should be a deterent! you've only inspired me to bitch more!

it's still snowing, this wine sux, my babysitter has SARS (hope she hasn't been hangin' w/FS) my partner for tomorrow bailed, the sky is fallin, we're all gonna die, global warming, traffic sux.

i'm not voting trask...perhaps i should run against you! wink.gif