Goin' Postal

chelle

Just got back from a nice conversation with the supervisor at the Wallingford post office. Seems carriers have the discretion to decide not to deliver mail to a house where a dog barks. Actually they have the discretion to decide to hold mail service if you live next to someone who's dog barks.

WTF?!? We haven't had mail in days because the neighbor's dog barked at the mailman while his owner was sitting right next to the dog in the front yard...in complete control of the dog. Now our landlord has to move our mailbox before they will resume service. Lame!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mailman stopped delivering mail to my parents house because I was staying there for a few days with my dog and my dog barked at the mailman. I was standing right there too and the mailman just kept walking and was like "I don't have to deliver mail here cause of your dog, you'll have to go pick it up from the post office." Dude, if you HATE dogs why become a mailman in the first place?

IT MAY SEEM SAD OR WHAT NOT.

BUT THE PLAIN FACT IS THAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BIT BY DOGS, SOME THAT EVEN SEEMED LIKE THE MOST CUTEST PERFECT PUPPIES IN THE WORLD.

AND SINCE THE POSTAL WORKER HAS NO HISTORY WITH RANDOM DOGS THEY JUST HAVE TO TREAT THEM ALL THE SAME AND THAT IS THE AGGRESSOR.

I WOULD RATHER BE SAFE AND AVOID POSSIBLY GETTING BITE. IT HURTS!!