Drink Idea for You Philistines

RobBob

Tomorrow is Derby Day. All those with Southern breeding of any count know that the only thing to drink tomorrow is mint juleps. Here's how...serve them preferably in silver julep cups, or pewter Jefferson cups if you must:

Mint Julep Recipe

In a bowl, place several fresh mint sprigs, 1 tsp. of sugar and 1/4 ounce of water. Crush the leaves with a spoon and stir all well. Fill a chilled cup with crushed ice, fill with Bourbon, and top with strained mixture. Or place a bit of the mixture into the chilled cup. Add a layer of crushed ice. Continue at least one more time, topping with ice. Pour Bourbon on top. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that like a Mojito? That's what Hemingway used to drink...

Oh yeah, I was in Louisville a couple of months ago. Apart from the Louisville Slugger museum and Jillians selling 5 drinks and unlimited gaming for $10, that place sucks.

The same, except with bourbon and w/o the lime juice. Some julep recipes actually have planters rum in them as well I think.

I believe the ancestor of both these drinks came from the ancient Arabs. blush.gif

All I know abt Kentucky is that the Cinci airport sucks.

RobBob said:

Tomorrow is Derby Day. All those with Southern breeding of any count know that the only thing to drink tomorrow is mint juleps. Here's how...serve them preferably in silver julep cups, or pewter Jefferson cups if you must:

Mint Julep Recipe

[etc. etc.]

What are you, fuckin' Martha Stewart or some shit? Who has "silver julep cups" for fuck's sake? yellaf.gif