Post Millenium Tension

allison

About seven summers ago a friend and sometime confidante of mine, Chuck Drake, went on a trip to Denali. Weather and stuff made Deanali a no-go so they tried Hunter. Chuck and his partner did not make it home alive. I think I cried for a couple of months after that.

Tonight I saw some people off who are going to do Denali, and I find myself feeling pretty anxious and unsure about the whole deal. I was not able to say the word "goodbye " to any of them.

Anyone else have this kind of experience?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

allison said:

About seven summers ago a friend and sometime confidante of mine, Chuck Drake, went on a trip to Denali. Weather and stuff made Deanali a no-go so they tried Hunter. Chuck and his partner did not make it home alive. I think I cried for a couple of months after that.

Tonight I saw some people off who are going to do Denali, and I find myself feeling pretty anxious and unsure about the whole deal. I was not able to say the word "goodbye " to any of them.

Anyone else have this kind of experience?

if they do bite it, you're gonna be wishing you did say goodbye to them. too late now. live and learn.

yeah i always make sure my friends know that i am physched for their trips, i want to hear all about them b4 they go and when they get back!!

as much positive reinforcment as possible!

sometimes they do not come back, but to fret and cry over their/our loss doesnt not help them, it only helps sadden your memory of great people!

Maybe it is a female thing - but woman comunicate through words and men through actions.

My husband stayed out all night aboiut 5 months ago.

I did some pretty radical things and called Ray

at 3 AM. I was worried and stupidified.

It is good to comunicate what is on your mind - becuase you may or may not have the opportunitity later.