Increasing my finger strength.

allthumbs

When I first started climbing I simply took a 5 pound barbell and placed it between two fingers and lifted. You have to place your arm palm up on your thigh and lift it with just the two fingers without moving your wrist. The great thing about this is that gravity is pulling on the lower end making it harder to lift and you can place the weight between any two fingers. I must tell you, keeping your wrist straight is harder then you think but once you got you can move to a 10 pound weight . Right now I'm using an odd 8 pound plate weight on each individual finger, 30 reps 3 times. It really, really works, and I can like almost crack walnuts with just two fingers. As an aside; my masturbation technique has improved immensely too. tongue.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the force exerted by gravity on the dumbell actually "pulls" on every infinitesimal piece of the dumbell. Add up all the forces by integrating, and the EFFECT is that of the force being on the center of mass. Saying that gravity pulls only on the center of mass is incorrect. grin.gif