Enchantments in a day

ScottP

asgrdthm.jpg

I'm trying to get and idea of an average time for doing Stuart lake trailhead to Snow Creek parking lot in a day. For those of you who've done it (more than once), what was your time (an average of your times?)

Data for either direction is appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years ago Headspace and I did this, beginning at Stuart Lake and exiting at Snow Lake trail. Our time was just under 9 hours. This was in August, I think, so there wasn't much snow.

This really isn't terrible fast. We never ran, and I never really train. We carried Platypi type water packs, a filter, and some food.

Making it to the top of Aasgard is probably the most physical part; we covered this in 2.5 hours. Lots of drudgery after that, although the prettiness makes up for it.

Jerome

Did this the chest-beaters way (Snow Creek start to Colchuck finish- more vertical) with my family in 10 hours.

Also did it with 1 car: dropped party at Snow, dropped car at Colchuck TH, rode bike back to Snow.

It was fun and done late season with no snow. Approx 19 miles and lotsa vertical.

Requires much bigdrink.gif after.

Several years ago, just after the road to the trailhead opened, I did the standard traverse over Aasgard and down snow creek in about nine or ten hours, without really trying to hurry. There was a good solid trail all the way to Colchuck Lake, and the touring up top was good that day. Right now, it is not quite so easy going, though. I put a trip report in another thread.

I've trail run this route twice. The shortest time was about 4.5 hours. But that was in late August with Montrails, two water bottles, some gu, and a light jacket. Sucking wind up on the plateau. I'd like to do it for my 50th coming up.