Are you in the minority?

tomcat

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Come on, Tomcat ... for someone who claims to be stepping to the plate with plenty of mental muscle, you should know better than to trust a statistic. wazzup.gif

Yeah, I should just adapt to your way of thinking shouldn't I?

Your logic is flawed .. severely.

If you want to debate, go bring me one of my arguments and we can debate. I'm not sure where you're going with your surveys bud, but real logic (which goes beyond what you learned in your statistics class) transcends your utopian world and transports you into reality. Get back with me when you have this down.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

DFA's way of thinking is that survey-dependent statistics can vary wildly depending on way too many factors. Did they take the survey at the Pentagon? In the midwest? How many people did it involve?

DFA,

From the article that Tomcat linked:

"This ABCNEWS/Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone March 20, 2003, among a random national sample of 506 adults. The results have a 4.5-point error margin. Fieldwork by TNS Intersearch of Horsham, PA."

chucK said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

DFA's way of thinking is that survey-dependent statistics can vary wildly depending on way too many factors. Did they take the survey at the Pentagon? In the midwest? How many people did it involve?

DFA,

"This ABCNEWS/Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone March 20, 2003, among a random national sample of 506 adults. The results have a 4.5-point error margin. Fieldwork by TNS Intersearch of Horsham, PA."

Yeah you're right guys .. the 50+ Iraqis I saw tearing up a life size poster of Saddam Hussein with a boxcutter yesterday must have been faked -- propaganda, faulty journalism. It's funny how many Iraqi soldiers and citizens aren't protesting the war, yet our own citizens are. Enjoy your freedoms .. you paid a lot for them.

tomcat said:

chucK said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

DFA,

Yeah you're right guys .. the 50+ Iraqis I saw tearing up a life size poster of Saddam Hussein with a boxcutter yesterday must have been faked -- propaganda, faulty journalism. It's funny how many Iraqi soldiers and citizens aren't protesting the war, yet our own citizens are. Enjoy your freedoms .. you paid a lot for them.

I love being free! Thanks tomcat, I owe it all to death and destruction! You're my buddy.

By the way, tomcat, what has been the reaction to this war in the rest of the Arab world?

By the way, tomcat, what is the american media machine not telling you? Oh, I guess you don't know...

Necronomicon said:

tomcat said:

chucK said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

DFA,

I love being free! Thanks tomcat, I owe it all to death and destruction! You're my buddy.

By the way, tomcat, what has been the reaction to this war in the rest of the Arab world?

By the way, tomcat, what is the american media machine not telling you? Oh, I guess you don't know...

The machine .. lol. You're killing me. yellowsleep.gifyellaf.gif

Tomcat,

I'm curious why you quoted my post? Did you think I was supporting DFA or condemning the poll?

I was answering DFA's questions. I think a scientic poll (like was done here) of 500+ randomly sampled people is a pretty valid poll. I have no reason to believe these results are innaccurate.

C'mon Tomcat! Debunk me!!!

tomcat said:

It's funny how many Iraqi soldiers and citizens aren't protesting the war

hmm yes, men coming at me with large guns and bombs bent on destruction of my leader, who I most likely presume dead at this point anyways, and who has at times put to death my fellow Iraqis. Now how would I get out of this little predicament? Talk trash?

chucK said:

Tomcat,

I'm curious why you quoted my post? Did you think I was supporting DFA or condemning the poll?

I was answering DFA's questions. I think a scientic poll (like was done here) of 500+ randomly sampled people is a pretty valid poll. I have no reason to believe these results are innaccurate.

C'mon Tomcat! Debunk me!!!

No I agree with your analysis of the poll with few participants, but I think the majority opinion is similar. I am sorry to have made an example of your post.

iain said:

tomcat said:

It's funny how many Iraqi soldiers and citizens aren't protesting the war

hmm yes, men coming at me with large guns and bombs bent on destruction of my leader, who I most likely presume dead at this point anyways, and who has at times put to death my fellow Iraqis. Now how would I get out of this little predicament? Talk trash?

Do you know this from personal experience Iain, or are you just talking out of your ass?

tomcat said:

If you want to debate, go bring me one of my arguments and we can debate. I'm not sure where you're going with your surveys bud, but real logic (which goes beyond what you learned in your statistics class) transcends your utopian world and transports you into reality. Get back with me when you have this down.

Go talk down to somebody else, pal. You bring up this logical argument bullshit, but as soon as someone trys to logically argue, you bring the condescension. Take your two-bit cut-and-paste pseudo-intelligence elsewhere, pricko.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

tomcat said:

Go talk down to somebody else, pal. You bring up this logical argument bullshit, but as soon as someone trys to logically argue, you bring the condescension. Take your two-bit cut-and-paste pseudo-intelligence elsewhere, pricko.

HAHA pricko .. can I use that one sometime? You still haven't presented a logical argument yet. You're pretty good with rhetoric, I gotta admit, but I have yet to see an intelligent comment out of you. Keep trying chief.

iain said:

Greg_W said:

Now all you liberals

I really wish you'd stop saying that.

What do you want me to call you guys who think opposite of me? You guys don't like being pigeonholed as 'Democrats', so I picked a more general term. Oh, do you guys favor 'progressives' now? That's a totally false moniker, since the Left has no interest in being progressive about personal liberty and freedom, only usurpation of power and denial of rights and self-determination.

tomcat said:

If you want to debate, go bring me one of my arguments and we can debate. I'm not sure where you're going with your surveys bud, but real logic (which goes beyond what you learned in your statistics class) transcends your utopian world and transports you into reality.

Ummm....you're the one who brought up the survey.