NEWSFLASH: DIPLOMACY DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK...

Greg_W

For those of you who think that we should continue diplomatic masturbation with Saddam and all the spineless wanks on the U.N. Security Council. Diplomacy has its place, but at some point talking does not work. At that time you have a decision to make: stand up and fight for what you believe in or capitulate and fold. Appeasement to dictators and pathological liars DOES NOT WORK. It didn't work in the '30's with Adolf Hitler and it hasn't worked now. So many on this board sit around and pontificate that we shouldn't abandon diplomacy and talking and inspections, etc., but fail to realize that at some point when something is not working you need to take a new direction. Nobody seems to have the spine to realize that fighting is sometimes the last course of action. It has come to that and the U.S. and her allies will win. I personally think that this will end beneficially for the Iraqi people. Teddy Roosevelt said, "Walk softly and carry a big stick." Well, carrying that big stick means, by default, that you might have to use it.

I, for one, am proud we have a President and administration who has decided that there is a line to be drawn and defended. God bless America, President Bush, and every soldier on the line.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

diplomatic masturbation...nice rolleyes.gif

i don't think it matters. it wasn't our place to "liberate" Iraq. We pretty much made a unilateral decision. so be it.

since we're there now we better finish it quickly and not do a half arsed job like the last pres. shrub

i bet they have been as successful as killing saddam as they have at killing osama rolleyes.gif i see they have retracted rumors of his death for the 4th time since invasion began

what do you think they do if they catch him alive? just gun him down in cold blood? hold him prisoner for show trial with forged documents? ship him to libya? what huh?

minx said:

diplomatic masturbation...nice rolleyes.gif

i don't think it matters. it wasn't our place to "liberate" Iraq. We pretty much made a unilateral decision. so be it.

since we're there now we better finish it quickly and not do a half arsed job like the last pres. shrub

yes thumbs_up.gif this is the last time we should be there.

I would like to point out the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a diffrent out come. it is clear to me that talking was going no where. It is sad, and it does suck. But sometimes in order for drastic change to occure, drastic steps must be taken.

I am with Minx. I they better finish it this time, and FAST

From an AP report Safwan, Iraq:

No Saddam Hussein!" called one young man. "Bush!"

Another young man named Abdullah cheered the arriving Americans. "Saddam Hussein is no good. Saddam Hussein a butcher."

An old woman, dressed all in black, hugged an American woman. And knelt at the feet of the Americans. A man pulled her away, sliding his finger across his throat in a signal not to make friends with the enemy.

"Americans very good," a man named Ali Khemy said. "Iraq wants to be free."

Some of the townspeople chanted, "Ameriki! Ameriki!" Others put makeshift white flags on their cars and trucks. And many simply patted their bellies in a sign of hunger.

From San Francisco:

The alleviation of Iraqi suffering, the liberation of the people of Safwan and of all of Iraq, makes many puke. Some, quite literally. Antiwar protesters in San Francisco organized a "vomit-in" yesterday to show how the war "made them sick." They regurgitated on cue, their bellies full of milk dyed red, on the steps of federal buildings in downtown San Francisco. Meanwhile other, merely metaphorically nauseous protesters snarled traffic and generally made asses of themselves in the name of ensuring that the people of Iraq were never liberated. Similar protests were held all over America and the world by people who can most charitably be described as Saddam's useful idiots.

Two different forms of belly ache. The true divide.

PP bigdrink.gif

Peter_Puget said:

From San Francisco:

The alleviation of Iraqi suffering, the liberation of the people of Safwan and of all of Iraq, makes many puke. Some, quite literally. Antiwar protesters in San Francisco organized a "vomit-in" yesterday to show how the war "made them sick." They regurgitated on cue, their bellies full of milk dyed red, on the steps of federal buildings in downtown San Francisco. Meanwhile other, merely metaphorically nauseous protesters snarled traffic and generally made asses of themselves in the name of ensuring that the people of Iraq were never liberated. Similar protests were held all over America and the world by people who can most charitably be described as Saddam's useful idiots.

It would appear that eating disorders do come in handy.