Winter

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Winter said:

Is Bush Hitler?

I am certainly NOT advocating that Bush is Hitler, but this article poses some interesting questions.

Do you actually expect me to read every word of that article? Are you serious? I pretty busy right now, I've got a lot of things on my plate. Do you even care? Did you even think about it, about me, before you posted that article? No. You're pretty inconsiderate, if you ask me. What do you think about that?

At least Hilter had some brains when he got started, and his minions followed his lead. Bush is a clueless minion, and I will continue to take great pleasure in saying so until they round me up and herd me into a camp.

cracked said:

Hitler was truely insane, in the medical sense of the term.

Are you a doctor?

Quite the accomplishment for such a loon, take charge of an entire country through deceit and deception, exploit the masses in their weakest moment, and use them to wage war on your perceived enemies. Uh...oh...um...yeah....

(The used to refer to Hitler as "the carpet chewer". Once, in an insane rage, he got on the floor and literally chewed on the edge of the carpet. Now that's MAD!)

There is a big difference between the circumstances present in Bush and Hitler's respective rise to power. In 1933, Germany's economy was a basket case. Unemployment and inflation were out of control. Hitler improved the economy. Bush has done the exact opposite. He took an economy that was humming along in the longest sustained period of growth in decades and brought it all to an end.

Catturd you should go out and protest.

Apparent Protester Dies in Golden Gate Bridge Leap

Wed March 19, 2003 05:19 PM ET

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A man who may have been protesting the looming U.S. war on Iraq plunged to his death from San Francisco's famed Golden Gate Bridge on Wednesday, officials said.

The unidentified man, who handed authorities a statement before jumping, survived the initial fall into the frigid San Francisco Bay but died soon after Coast Guard rescuers scooped him up and rushed him to shore for treatment, police said.

"He jumped, he wasn't pushed," said California Highway Patrol spokesman Wayne Ziese, who called the death a suicide. "Apparently he had a statement to give to police and jumped."

Authorities had initially said the man slipped or jumped while hanging a banner on one of the bridge towers protesting a U.S. war on Iraq.

But U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Dan Brophy later said rescue workers so far had not found the banner indicating the man was a protester.

Either way, the soaring span connecting San Francisco and the Marin Headlands represents one of the top spots in the nation for suicides. Out of the 1,000 people who have jumped off the 225 foot- (69 meter-) span only about 15 have survived.

Anti-war sentiment is strong in the San Francisco Bay Area, where tens of thousands of protesters marched last weekend to rally against military action. The death of the man in his 30s, however, would be the first related to the latest protests over the U.S.-led war against Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=2410058

Catbirdseat, you're wrong. The economy was going down right as Clinton bailed out. Bush didn't cause it, it was going down anyways. You can't have a booming economy forever, it doesn't work and starts going down.

Oh, and about a crazy person not being able to achieve much: you're wrong again. I'm not a doctor, but I have some personal experience with pretty insane people. Many are EXTREMELY smart. Hell, look at all the schizophrenics out there. Many were, or are, professors, quite often, extremely good ones. Look at Edgar Allen Poe, John Nash, etc, etc, etc. Dumb people don't get fucked up. They're too dumb.

cracked said:

Hitler was truely insane, in the medical sense of the term.

Moron, from a leadership standpoint, Adolf Hitler was probably the greatest leader of the 20th Century. Go ahead, flame me. I personally think Hitler was evil, but look at what he accomplished and convinced the German people, and witless enemies, to do. They say that Hitler had an overpowering charisma. Evil, yes; diabolical, yes; but a very EFFECTIVE leader.

Edited by Greg_W

cracked said:

Catbirdseat, you're wrong. The economy was going down right as Clinton bailed out. Bush didn't cause it, it was going down anyways.

I'm sure this point could be argued for hours, but more importantly, aren't you 16? WTF do you know about the economy or politics besides what your folks feed you?

sexual_chocolate said:

Your welcome, although this cordiality is really starting to discomfort me.

So in order to relieve said discomfort, please allow me to call you "nincompoop" immediately.

Thank you.

SC think human shield. It's not too late to book a flight to Raghdad.

sexual_chocolate said:

Ah jeesus. What the hell does his age have to do with it?

And, What's your excuse?

Well, cause his simple assertion that catbird was "wrong" without any room for debate is the sign of an immature stance lacking any argument. This immaturity could possibly stem from age (or lack thereof.) People learn as life goes on, and from this experience they can draw better conclusions and form their own arguments.