Today at the Portland Peace Rally

ChrisT

71% of Americans now support military action in Iraq. That's up over 20% from Feb. Looks like the (so-called) peace protesters are losing the hearts and minds of the American people.

"The poll found that about half of adults, 47 percent, say they support military action to remove Saddam from power and disarm Iraq, even without the full support of the United Nations Security Council. Almost four in 10, 37 percent, said this country should do that only with full support of the Security Council and 13 percent said the United States should not take military action even if the Security Council agreed."

[note that 37+13=50% are against a non-UN supported action]

"By a 2-1 margin, Americans said the United States needs to preserve the American tradition of not launching attacks on other countries unless it is attacked, rather than taking military action against countries before they can threaten or strike this country."

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/special_packages/iraq/5394901.htm

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

erik said:

i can't wait till jja and fairweather head out to kill ohter humans!

jja, everysingle person looks nornal to me?! i challenge you to pick out a non-normal person.

i love how you guys try to turn everything into some sort of left vs right. both sides are the same money grubbing power hungrey pieces of shit. not a single one of them thinks for theirselves.

you guys are dense. i would bet that you are all uptight and proably pretty boring people.

As for non-normal people, I'd say each of the three 'dancers' doesn't look, or seem to be acting, normal. I don't know about Fairweather, but jja is a great guy.

Fairweather said:

I'm glad I have a president that won't bend over and take it in the ass from UN goof-balls and other assorted leftist kooks. These folks are still fuming over Kyoto; a grand plan to bilk the USA out of hundreds of billions $$ by forcing us to "purchase" CO2 "credits" from less fortunate nations.

Anyway.... I digress.

Why is "bending over and taking it in the ass" still a euphamism for being duped willingly. I bend over and take it in the ass every time I'm horny and I don't feel like I'm being duped.

ATTENTION HUMAN BEINGS:

PLEASE STOP BEING DIFFERENT!

PLEASE STOP THINKING OUTSIDE 'PARTY' LINES

PLEASE BEGIN ASSIMLATING ALONG 'PARTY' LINES!

PLEASE BEGIN THE FINGER POINTING AND ATTEMPTING MOCKERY OF OTHERS WHOM YOU PERCEIVE AS DIFFERENT!

cracked i am sure they are all nice people. but when they feel the need to point out what they consider definiances in others, well that is not nice.

what does it matter to YOU if someone chooses to be overweight and expose their belly while they dance? this is why america is great, because we can do that without the fear that some wack job is going to attack them for being different.

why should america's/xhristain ideals be pushed unto other cultures? cultures that do not reconize the same ideals and beliefs?

i think that most people hear in america actually have little idea what being arabic/mulism entails. epsecially in the middle east. i know that my personal knowledge is limited to what i have read and learned from others who have experienced it first hand. i beg of you all to look at things from both sides before making judgements and assumptions. stop being so narrow minded.

shit i am late for golf!

Why is "bending over and taking it in the ass" still a euphamism for being duped willingly. I bend over and take it in the ass every time I'm horny and I don't feel like I'm being duped.

There are two ways to view this. Either it's a consensual act or it's a display of dominance.

Maybe Fairweather has a room in his basement full of whips, chains, and leather. the_finger.gif

Greg_W said:

glacierdog and others about to go into harm's way. You may not agree with it, but support our boys; they are serving their country proudly. Fuckin' peacenik motherfuckers madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

OK granted they are not "my boys" and it is not my country, but why the f#$% would you support something if you doon't agree with it???

confused.gif

snoboy said:

Greg_W said:

glacierdog and others about to go into harm's way. You may not agree with it, but support our boys; they are serving their country proudly. Fuckin' peacenik motherfuckers madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

OK granted they are not "my boys" and it is not my country, but why the f#$% would you support something if you doon't agree with it???

confused.gif

Well, I guess I am of the mind that I am an American and, whether you think it just or not, our (read: American) soldiers are going into harm's way for what our leaders think is a just reason. I did not agree with Clinton's forays into Serbia/Croatia or Somalia, but I supported the soldiers who were doing their duty for their country.

AlpineK said:

There are two ways to view this. Either it's a consensual act or it's a display of dominance.

Maybe Fairweather has a room in his basement full of whips, chains, and leather. the_finger.gif

Dude,

You're the one who puts on a harness, wraps his arms and legs around a "big trunk" , climbs up and down all day. Then stuffs the evidence into a chipper like that fella in the movie "Fargo". tongue.gif And lets not even talk about about "grade school" politics. Your thoughts/research on most issues don't seem to run very deep.

Hey, why did you lose your "M" badge?

Greg_W said:

Well, I guess I am of the mind that I am an American and, whether you think it just or not, our (read: American) soldiers are going into harm's way for what our leaders think is a just reason. I did not agree with Clinton's forays into Serbia/Croatia or Somalia, but I supported the soldiers who were doing their duty for their country.

Well said.

I don't LIKE war, but sometimes it's a necessity. I think there's more to this situation than people realize, and I also think it has to do with something biological or similar. Saddam is an evil man, I'm sure you won't find too many people who will dispute that .. and given the opportunity, I think he would do anything in his power to bring himself into Martyrdom. He's getting old, his days are numbered, and he knows that -- and I think he feels a sense of urgency to do something real bad to the US and its allies. If you sit around and wait for this to happen, you risk possibly millions of lives. If he spreads a super germ that nobody knows about until it's too late because the incubation period is 3 weeks, then there's going to be a whole lot of suffering going on .. a whole lot more than any war in Iraq could offer.

To prevent this, you must destroy the regime .. take away their control, and thereby there major source of income is eliminated. There are only a few ways of destroying the regime. The only way I can think of is dropping bombs .. if you've got a better idea let's hear it. But if you sit around all day long every single day for twelve years talking yourself blue at UN Council meetings and belly dancing, you're wasting your time, and aiding the enemy. You can bet your ass Saddam is going to take advantage of the time wasted by keepin on keepin on .. which includes making more weapons, killing more people, corrupting more government officials, etc. ad nausem .. and most importantly, he'll be developing technology to destroy the US and its allies -- technology that may very well hurt you and your way of life. Let's face it here, Saddams not wasting his time building schools or fixing up potholes. If we don't do something, it is my opinion that he's going to do something huge .. way bigger than anything we saw on September 11, 2001. This is just my opinion.

tomcat said:

Well said.

I don't LIKE war, [snip]... way bigger than anything we saw on September 11, 2001. This is just my opinion.

tomcat - I asked Gregw why someone should support the soldiers even if they didn't agree with the reasons for the war. You obviously agree with going to war. So you don't really help answer my question.

Thanks for coming out though. wave.gif

Greg_W said:

snoboy said:

I asked Gregw why someone should support the soldiers even if they didn't agree with the reasons for the war.

If I wasn't clear in my answer please let me know.

GregW -

I understood your answer, but I think it's that very belief that makes me puzzled.

The way I see it is that the military is a branch of or a tool of the administration.

Most of the time the people in the military have chosen to be there, no? Obvious exception when there is a draft or likewise. So... in my reasoning the people in the military are choosing to do the will of the government.

Now if you don't agree with what the government has chosen to do, then why should you support the people who have chosen to help them do it?

I understand thinking of them as individuals and all. I mean if it was a brother/cousin/friend of mine in the army/navy, I would be all for them getting back alive and all, but I don't think I would agree with what they were doing...