Distel32

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

eric8 said:

Isn't there some climbing along the cliffs of the mississippi, or is that the previously stated talyor falls.

taylor's falls is up north on the st. croix river. dunno about climbing on the mississippi cliffs, a lot of it is unconsolidated sandstone (st. peter formation).

Wow, while we were out drinking, you peeps were busy!

Dru, it's good it was a hypothetical Pub Club liason, because I was laughing so hard red wine was coming out of my nose. In this fictitious world of cc.com road trip romances, I think Steph Davis should play the girl and Dean Potter should play the boy. Then we all get to get a little Dean Potter after a long day of soloing .11 splitter crack in Moab.

I hate to tell tales out of school, so I won't, but there were some people there tonight who maybe used to think differently about some other people, and I think some of the people there might have had a good time. Most importantly, it was a good fun one.

I am just so impressed with the Virtual Pub Club, I bet the numbers were comparable to a real one.

eric8 said:

Isn't there some climbing along the cliffs of the mississippi, or is that the previously stated talyor falls.

You are probably thinking of Red Wing, which is a little south of the cities. Sandstone. Mainly sport routes.

Iain's got it right...TF is along the st croix. Did you go to Macalaster, iain?

There are a number of other areas besides those two and the N.shore.

There is also lots of good ice in the UP to climb.

Too bad you didnt pick up ice climbing adventuregal, you would be loving it out here.