Cloudveil Drizzle

Montana_Climber

Does anyone have any experience with this piece? I'm looking to replace my Feathered Friends Jackorak. The Jackorak is just too light weight and doesn't have taped seams. Anything more than a slight drizzle gets me soaking wet in about 10 minutes. The other shell I'm considering is one of the GoLite shells. I think I prefer the pit zips on the Cloudveil with only the marginal (1-2 oz) weight difference.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not experience, but whatever: I tried it on, after reading some favorable reviews, but the fit is very strange. The arms seemed long enough, but even the XL didn't fit my forearms. The entire thing just fit strangely. For about $50 more you can get the Arc'teryx Sirrus SL which is lighter, Goretex, and has a great cut. Currently I use a Sierra Designs Peak Bagger, which I am reasonably happy with. Good luck!

The Arc'Teryx Sirrus is the other jacket I'm looking at in this category. I can't go wrong with either. I used to work and ski with the marketing director at Cloudveil and used to work and paddle with several of the reps for Arc'Teryx. Cost isn't the issue so much as function and fit.

Thanks for the input.

That sucks! Was it from the seams or from the zippers or just straight through the fabric? I currently live in a place where we get 300" of rain a year (and you thought Seattle was bad?). I'm tired of getting soaked in my jacket on the 10 minute ride on my bike. For the mountains I'm using a Mountain Hardwear Ethereal FTX but in the jungles here (Dominica) it isn't practicle. That's why I'm looking for something really lightweight but is still totally waterproof.