Sheriffs Badge

bigwalling

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really into sharing a bunch(kinda bragging). Me and a few guys are planning on doing the Badge in April.

I'm planning on doing the other routes I've asked about this spring and summer. I'm only 16 and depend on my parents driving me up to Index or Squamish, so it is kinda hard to climb when I want to.

I'll post some pics or maybe a bit of a T.R.

Here is me at a> I know it is of an easy aid climb. But I normally forget my camera.

bigwalling said:

I'm not really into sharing a bunch(kinda bragging). Me and a few guys are planning on doing the Badge in April.

I'm planning on doing the other routes I've asked about this spring and summer. I'm only 16 and depend on my parents driving me up to Index or Squamish, so it is kinda hard to climb when I want to.

Here is me at a> I know it is of an easy aid climb. But I normally forget my camera.

Bigwalling, I'd be happy to let you know if I am headed to the crag or elsewhere this summer to see if you need a ride.

Gotta encourage the propogation of our sport among the youth of today you know thumbs_up.gif

That's cool bigwalling, I'm glad your getting after it at a ripe age. Just don't bite off more than your ready to chew. I won't tell you what you are ready for or not, you gotta figure that out for yourself. My only suggestion is to work up to hard aid slowly, thats what I am doing at least...

With most rating systems, the + in A3+ means that the pitch has bad rock or bad fall potential. Either are not fun to deal with if is your first A3 pitch. If it is "new wave" A3+ pitch, which it could be if it is a relatively new route, then you could be looking at lots of hard hooking, small heading, and BIG whipper potential.

Anyway, just letting you know what you might be infor on a route on the Badge. But I shouldn't talk because I've never actually climbed at Squamish! rolleyes.gif

Good luck man, use your head! wave.gif

Translation-

Lambone said:

ПППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППП.ППППППППППППППППППППППППППП.ППППППППППППППППППППППППППv.ПППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППvv.ПППППППППППППППППП

ПППППППППППППППП.ППППППППППППППППППППППП.ПППППППППППППППППППП.

ППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППППП ППППППППППП. But I shouldn't talk because I've never actually climbed at Squamish! rolleyes.gif

ППППППППППППППППППППП.ППППППППП

specialed said:

bigwalling said:

Bigwalling, I'd be happy to let you know if I am headed to the crag or elsewhere this summer to see if you need a ride.

Gotta encourage the propogation of our sport among the youth of today you know thumbs_up.gif

--------------------

EVERYDAY I AM TRAINING TO BE BIGGEST TACOMA PIMP

shocked.gifconfused.gif

That Matt guy only talks about the fourth pitch (third aid pitch). The first aid pitch is good, and the second has some hard hooking with a ledge fall potential. Above the seem the pitch to the roof did not have any particulary bad rock. The roof is a mind blower, and kinda loose. Above are lots of bolts and rivets, on a very steep headwall. It took Doug Klewin and I three bivies in somewhat bad weather In fact we thought we would have to down-nail the roof and bail. Such are my 21 year old memories. PM me your address, and I will mail you a topo.