Rice Pudding

Dru

Do food threads go in Body Results?

This stuff looks like the ultimate alpine food. Milk, sugar, dried fruit, rice, salt. Except it is supposed to take 3 hours to bake and we are currently on hour 4....

There's something to be said for buying the tub of KozyShack.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually pretty passable if you use 5 minute rice and not pudding rice which reduces the cooking time to something reasonable. Another option is pasta with milk and sugar, same advantages also quicker cooking time (favoured by some Poles I met once).

I'm a big fan of custard powder too. Make up and then add more sugar and pasta for added carbs.

• 2 weeks later...
MrDoolittle said:

Dru said:

Dru said:

There's something to be said for buying the tub of KozyShack.

Danger, this stuff is more addictive than crack. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifpitty.gif

Fella's liable to get a little pudgy on that stuff yellaf.gif

If only I had known earlier

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB11&Number=112816&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

fruit.gif

Interesting. I am not knowledgeable in this area. Would like to know what you come up with for choices.

One thing I try to do is drink lots of orange juice in the car on the way to the climb which is very high in carbohydrates and tastes great! I usually try to suck down about a liter before the car stops at the trailhead or roadgate.

Extreeeeeeeeeeme Alpinism says "dont drink OJ in the morning - too acidic" rolleyes.gif

Then again a 4 egg, bacon, sausage, wafles, coffee, OJ breakfast is just the ticket before a day of ice climbing.

I just find that i wake up in the AM for alpine climbing and have to get ready fast. Normally wake up kinda slow, takes me about an hour to make breakfast. But alpine start that won't do. So rice pudding is either prepackaged, or made the night before, no preparation required, all you have to do is eat. plus it's yummy, unlike bloatmeal.

but anyways...its all good. cheeburga_ron.gif

That stuff Polish climbers eat... doesn't really narrow it down that much. I mean all you've really ruled out there is other climbers (probably) smile.gif

Could be Halva. The CIS climbers used to be very keen on smoked pig fat; like a really big bit of bacon rind at least an inch thick. All I can say is it just shows how anything can taste good if your hungry.