Trask and Sisu Children's TV show

Scott_J

I heard this AM that the TV people are looking for a new program to make up where Mr. Rogers left off. I believe Trask and I can fill the bill. We have the qualifications to entertain a broad span of the viewing audience. Sure on and then we might jangle a few nerves but over all the children will get a down to basics view of the world they are going to enter into.

With my education background we could introduce all sorts of pre-school basics. For instance, how to protect yourself from the bus stop bully, how to sell homework answers for profit, the art of schmoozing, etc, etc.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no idea if this is an urban legend or not, but i heard mr. rogers was a green beret in nam and the reason he always wears a sweater is he has tattoos up and down his arms. supposedly he started the kid show as therapy (as supposedly did bob ross the happy clouds painter). anyway, having trask some other screwed up brain fried gun fanatic might not be to far from the original.

(not trying to detract from mr. rogers or his personal history.)

From one source: Urban legend

WTTW's member magazine, Chicago's local PBS affiliate, had an interesting profile on Fred Rogers on the 30th anniversary of _Mr. Rogers' neighborhood_. Here are the highlights:

1951 - Graduated from Rollins College with a degree in music composition.

1951 - 53 - Hired by NBC, became assistant director for _The Voice of Firestone_ and floor director for _The Lucky Strike Hit Parade_ and the _Kate Smith Hour_.

1953 - 1960 - Returned to Pittsburgh to WQED and developed _The Children's Corner_.

1962 - Attended Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, ordained by the Pittsburgh Presbytery.

1963 - Moves to Toronto and produces a children's program called _Misterogers_ for the CBC.

1964 - Returns again to WQED to produce _Mister Rogers' Neighborhood_ which continues to this day.

So, Mr. Rogers' didn't get the chance to participate as a sniper or any other capacity in any US police action in this century.

Captain Kangaroo was a Marine. He enlisted in the U.S. Marines, but too late to see any action during World War II. Keeshan was born on 27 June 1927 and enlisted two weeks before his 18th birthday, months too late to have taken part in the fighting at Iwo Jima. A 1997 interview with Keeshan noted that he "later enlisted in the U.S. Marines but saw no combat" because, as Keeshan said, he signed up "just before we dropped the atom bomb.

Mr. Rogers had bachelor's degree in music composition and immediately upon graduation, he was hired by NBC television in New York as an assistant producer. Later he was ordained as a Presbyterian minister and later still went back to TV to do Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.