Lightweight, waterproof/breathable pants?

Dustin_B

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After countless $$$ and "the other guy" raingear, I'm sold on Arc'teryx's lightest weight XCR shit. The Sirrus jacket and the Beta Lt. pant. I've never been wet in them and they breathe just fine for me. 25 oz. for the pair. Spendy, but worth it for me. To each his own I guess the saying goes.

Oh, and minx, don't tell me "you're such a gurl". yellaf.gif

I carry a pair of Helly Hansen Packable rain pants. They are not breatheable but they are very light, durable, and they pack down very small - about the size of a pair of wool socks. They were also ridiculously cheap. For as often as I wear them, the breathability is not an issue.

I've got some Moonstone Schoeller Dynamic (? Their lightest weight) pants and they rock that I got on clearance. Very breathable and fairly wind and water proof, and their great because they have work at a vast temperature range. I wouldn't climb in Gore-Tex et al unless it was really cold and wet out, otherwise as Dru pointed out you are going to get wet from sweating. Then get some light cheap rain pants for when you aren't moving.