• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mountainsloth

Little Big Chief

On 10/23/2018 at 11:59 AM, OlympicMtnBoy said:

I still need to do a TR about going in to the north face of little summit chief based on his pics. 

Oh yes you do! I’ve been eyeing that face for years now. So tell!

[edit: I split the stuff about Little Big Chief into a separate topic from the orginal TR about 3 Queens   chucK]

Edited by chucK
split off into own topic

On 11/1/2018 at 8:34 AM, JasonG said:

Yes @OlympicMtnBoy...do tell.  Maybe you can draw in Colin and Dave's line against your for comparison?

Jason, Oly is speaking of the N face of LITTLE summit chief. Different than colon and Dave’s line on main summit chief. 

In this photo it is the peak and face on the left. 

80A3FB6F-2D36-4833-B5EB-7D50B861F50B.jpeg

Here is a shot of the three summit chief pics from tank lakes. Left is little summit chief face. 

0AFA436A-D006-4309-8079-A17C8D434E24.jpeg

Edited by mountainsloth

Ohhhhhhhhh, wow.  Cool.  That area is pretty neat.  Snoqualmonix!

That peak is "Little BIG Chief".   Here's a report of an ascent in 2001

yeah I have wondering about that face for years too, I went to the summit via the east side(3rd-4th class) and was some of the worst rock I'd ever been on so I  kinda figured it would be shitty too. Nice looking peak though