Anything out there to climb?

edaskren

I need ideas please . . . buddy coming in from NJ this weekend -- he's never been in the Alpine but has lots of ice experience out of NH. We had planned Triple Couloirs back in Sept/Oct when he needed to decide leave time, we did this based on last years great conditions. Now we've been socked with tons of weather, avalanche conditions are dangerous above 6500' and we're desperate. Any thoughts or options for intermediate level mountaineering or accesable skilled alpine rock -- something that won't kill us require us calling for rescue burried under tons of snow? thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

south ridge/face of ingals peak should be climbable, weather permitting. still sporty but doable. would need snowshoes/skiis to get there.

maybe a trip up to eldorado east ridge? I think it would be somewhat avi reasonable but would have to be avi permitting also.

As you've probably gathered by now, the springs of 2015 and 2016 were about as abnormal as you can get. This year is closer to reality, though a bit wetter than normal.

If I ever have friends visit from out of the area for Alpine climbing....last week of July/first week of August. Push it to early July for the volcanoes.