• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
billcoe

Dwayner news?

Wow! Big find in Egypt. Hope Dwayner was in on this one.

http://observer.com/2016/11/egyptian-archaeologists-just-discovered-a-7000-year-old-lost-city-along-the-nile/

"While we were stuffing our faces with mashed potatoes this past Thursday, we missed the announcement of a major scientific discovery—a sacred capital city of ancient Egypt that had been lost for 7,000 years.

The Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities announced it excavated parts of Abydos, a “lost city” they believe dates back to 5,316 BCE and could have been part of the first capital of one of the earliest Egyptian empires. ..."

The lost text? Again? I'm not going to rewrite everything. Leaving it blank I guess.

How about the cliff notes version? :confused:

Are your fingers making complete contact with letters on the keyboard?

Does the keyboard connect to your computer?

Have you offended the gods of the internut?

http://observer.com/2016/11/egyptian-archaeologists-just-discovered-a-7000-year-old-lost-city-along-the-nile/

"While we were stuffing our faces with mashed potatoes this past Thursday, we missed the announcement of a major scientific discovery—a sacred capital city of ancient Egypt that had been lost for 7,000 years.

The Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities announced it excavated parts of Abydos, a “lost city” they believe dates back to 5,316 BCE and could have been part of the first capital of one of the earliest Egyptian empires. ..."

OK, IT JUST DID IT AGAIN!! I will try putting up parts at a time. Cliff notes follow:-)

1st part:

Hmmm, both parts posted:

Trying to add 3rd part to parts 1 and 2

3rd part did not post. It was simply a quote, I will try and put it up without the symbols which are normally utilized to indicate it's a quote.

Interesting. I'll try parts of it. 1st part of the 3rd part:

While we were stuffing our faces with mashed potatoes this past Thursday

Edited by billcoe

we missed the announcement of a major scientific discovery

Edited by billcoe

-a sacred capital city of ancient Egypt that had been lost for 7,000 years.

Edited by billcoe

The Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities announced it excavated parts of Abydos

Edited by billcoe

System break. I feel like I'm talking to the mentally challenged here......

a “lost city” they believe dates back to 5,316 BCE and could have been part of the first capital of one of the earliest Egyptian empires. ...

F**K!!!!!! System break. I feel like I'm talking to the mentally challenged here and it's going wrong as usual......

crap

A lost city

OK, found the issue, the blank post above this one has those very words in it, along with Quotation marks that were copied and pasted. Removing the " marks and I get text. Now we're getting somewhere. Woot!

and the last part, after lost city, they believe dates back to 5,316 BCE and could have been part of the first capital of one of the earliest Egyptian empires. ...

So it was the quotation marks around lost city that were copied and pasted led to the entire post being blank. Despite it appearing perfect in preview.

Edited by billcoe

Yes, I'm blaming "You people" for even allowing old people like me to get within 10 feet of or even touch computers. :grin:

Sigh.....

..and that's being kind about it too Ivan! :shock:

seal.gif

Geeze Bill, sorry I asked... :laf:

Haha, someone had to do it!

-a sacred capital city of ancient Egypt that had been lost for 7,000 years.

It wasn't lost, it knew where it was the whole time