I want your retired ropes!

retired

My first post here has me wanting something. As my name may imply I have a bit more time on my hands these days and have started to weave my old climbing ropes into floor mats. I've cleaned out my inventory and need more raw material. I would love a donation of your retired climbing rope and will weave you a rug from half of it ( I find 1/2 of a 60 meter rope is ther perfect size for a 1.5' x 3' mat) I live in the columbia gorge but get out to smith rock quite frequently to meet up. e-mail me if you may be intrested.

Edited by retired

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the good comments. I'm thinking more of giving them to freinds and family and less about selling them. The key to the weave is the carrick bend. I found a book on decorative knots that showed the basic weave layout but there was very little on the internet. what is hard is figuring out how large to start the layout and keeping everything straight during the process. I thought people might like the mat from there own rope since the memories are part of the whole deal, and what do you do with an old rope anyway?