Mt. Erie photos

iceclimer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Erie like 10 minutes ago. If you ever head up there and there is a lineup for ZigZag, there is a nice climb to the left of it called Cracking the Code. It's on the same wall the first pitch of Zig Zag is on, up to the pedastal before you head up to the slabs part at least. Go back down the trail 20 feet, hook a right on to faint path and it's right there. Nice crack system, you can actually jam!!, to 3 bolts on the face. I think Dallas said it's a 5.7. Seemed a little tougher at one part though because the two best holds were wet.

It's one of the better cracks for gear on Erie in my estimation (and I've done a number of horror shows on that lump). Also the belay anchors mark the beginning for a 5.10c sport route right above called the Cat from Outer Space, I believe. You can also do a traverse to the left and get on Potholes (5.9 i think) and a few other climbs that have been put up there recently.

I didn't realize it was right next to Zig Zag and I started climbing up a route on a wall to the left, that was a fun climb as well, I'd put it at a 5.8. No anchors so I had to downclimb the thing as well mad.gif...good practice though I guess.

God it felt good to get outside and climb grin.gif

Went to Erie on Wednesday and had a blast down at orange wall, really cold that day though so the rock was freaking frozen. Green Tangerine (10b) has a wet start right now, so it seems like a 10d start to get around that wet streak. Gator (10a) the far left route is freakin cool, nice easy boulder start to a high bolt, and then it gets a little thin, and then the overhang is a sweet stemmy section. The 10c to the right of it looks like a real nice line as well.

good times