shuksan

Jarred_Jackman

Has anybody been near Shuksan lately? I'm thinking of trying either the North Face or the Northeast Couloir around December 21st. I'll just be in the area for a few days so if you have any beta I'd definitely appreciate it as I have no way of checking it our 'til I actually arrive. Is the road to Baker snowed in yet, on the coleman side that is?

thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the North Face route ascend on the far right hand skyline that is out of view?

No it goes up the face just left of the right skyline, then onto the skyline, then behind the skyline right at the very top. Get out your Beckey scott, he draws a pretty good line. bigdrink.gif

Not a good idea, IMHO. It's douching out here right now, I think winter is here for a while. Count on shitloads of snow for weeks on end. But you never know, as this fall has shown us all, and you can always find a "safe" alternative. The problem witht he sulphide, as the winter progresses, is the length of the approach. I've had to ski up the road for six miles, and that was in the spring.