Mid May Methow Beta

Teh Phuzzy

Hey folks,

Something strangely aligned I am headed to the Methow Region for a week in mid May. I haven't been to the region and hadn't planned on being up there anytime soon so I am not familiar with it enough to know what conditions are going to be like that time of year and what is going to be climbable.

I would love recommendations for moderate (5.7 or so) alpine rock routes that will be climbable that time of year. Its probably a long shot that any thing will be cleared of snow and dry at the time, but we're headed up there for Morels (we have been a little unscrupulous as of late) and need something to do besides walking around and staring at the ground. Sport cragging is a last resort.

Snow routes up to 50° or so are also on the radar if you have any suggestions on that as well.

Thanks in advance eh

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop in or call the guide shop in Mazama for the best info and buy a guidebook (probably Burdo's) and go in guns blazing rather than searching for bullets or shooting blanks. It is a great area and some prep will help a lot.

As far as ivan's advice: start with WA Pass, then Mazama, then Leavenworth, then Vantage chasing good weather. If you flag there are several pubs on the way. But once you get to Vantage it is just your growler or PBR in "town".

Google Spontaneity Arete for a moderate alpine 5.7 at WA Pass.

Edited by matt_warfield