I just wanna say......

Peter_Puget

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ulee's bat makes a pretty good pop noise, maybe its a reaction to that. in those photos the catcher doesn't have to worry about the ball...its going the other direction.

though I take a ton of photos, and there are plenty where even the batters have their eyes closed. usually doesn't work out well for them.

Hard to catch a fly ball or foul tip at the plate with your eyes closed :)

I caught in little league for years before eventually switching to 3rd and I don't remember ever closing my eyes, but perhaps you're right, maybe it's just an involuntary blink that happens to get caught on camera. But, as you point out, the batter's eyes aren't closed.

Man, I sure learned to hate aluminum bats playing infield, though, that's for sure. Spicy!

Didn't you hear that they have changed the name to the Seattle Mediocres?

I had to move away just because of sports. Seahawks are coming on a bit but we lost the Sonics to OK where they are championship caliber and don't even have an NHL team while Cali and Florida do and we are right next to Canada! Sheesh.

Edited by matt_warfield

I don't know...Smoak seemed to be hitting the ball well in spring, I had hoped he had turned the corner somewhat. He does seem to be on everyone's chopping block, and 1st base is for hitters.

Hopefully Ackley figures it out too.

Zunino seems to be doing pretty well so far down at Tacoma!

We'll be at the K-Center for a while this evening, what field will you be at? Hiawatha?