Lillooet forecast for this week SUCKS

CascadeClimber

Today.. Morning fog patches. Otherwise cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers late in the day afternoon. Snow level 900 metres. High 5.

Tonight.. Cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. Snow level 800 metres. Low 2.

Tuesday.. Cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. Snow level rising to 1200 metres by afternoon. Wind becoming south 30 km/h. High 7.

Wednesday.. Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 2. High 6.

Thursday.. Cloudy with showers. Low 4. High 8.

Friday.. Rain. Low 4. High 8.

WTF? That's 47F on Friday??

From December 15, 2001:

Lillooet_Icy_BC_Chris_on_first_pitch_12-16-01.jpg

madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyle sez there were 3 cars in the parking lot on Sun (incl. Garry Brace) and a solid sheet of ice from Icy Bc to Dihedral thanks to the ice farmers. 3rd pitch icy Bc was still open and spewing.

But I bet it all falls down again now with the warm rain. mad.gif

and a solid sheet of ice from Icy Bc to Dihedral thanks to the ice farmers.

That pretty much changes the nature of No Deductible. I wonder if this practice will someday be regarded like chipping holds on rock routes.

But I guess trapsing all over those trails in crampons has a significant effect on the runoff pattern, too.

I drove the full Hwy1/Hwy99 loop today. fun way to put 750km on my truck. Climbed a bit at Marble Canyon. IMO everything to the right of Waite for Spring is not in safe shape yet. VERY thin and wet. Not much ice worth putting a scroo in. Middle and upper tiers spewing. No Deductible hasn't been farmed. The 'new' lines are between NoD and Deeping Wall and right of Waite for Spring.

Fraser Canyon south of Lytton no ice no surprise. Honeyman Falls no. Seton weeps dry. Synchronicity approach gully dry, first pitch mostly dry, upper pitches looked continuous but barely any ice. Loose lady similar. Carl's Berg looked wet but starting to come in.Duffey Lake road is not well ploughed yet.

Fraser Canyon: Issued 4.00 PM pst Friday 20 December 2002

Tonight.. Mainly cloudy. Low minus 1.

Saturday.. Mainly cloudy. High 2.

Sunday.. Sunny periods. Low zero. High 4.

Monday.. Mainly cloudy. Low minus 2. High plus 2.

Tuesday.. Mainly cloudy. Low minus 2. High plus 2.

Normals for the period.. Low minus 6. High zero.

mad.gif