Wanted: your old heinious gear

North_by_Northwest

I'm looking for really old Friends, Hexes and chocks. I am not going to use them for climbing, so they don't need to be functional or safe or even whole. The older and more beat the gear looks the better. Go through the stuff you don't climb on anymore and can't really sell because of the wear and let me take it off your hands.

PM me a list of what you have and I'll let you know what I'll pay for it. I'll pick it up if you're in the Seattle area or we can meet on a cragging day sometime down the road.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even close Dru, but not a bad idea...

The COL. is closer to the truth. It's an art project completely made of old beat gear. I've collected a few old pieces found in the rock, a tattered glove found on stuart, an old broken ice axe I found in the N. Cascades (was heavy to carry out-20+lbs) and a few other knicknacks. Right now I need more broken cams, dead pitons and totally beater hexes. It will all be held together by worn bleached webbing in the end. It will probably look like some kind of rat's nest but who knows?

ScottP has offered some Chouinard hexes and stoppers, anyone got some old forged friends they don't use? I'm not going to pay a lot since it's not usable gear I want, but I'll chip out at least $3 a piece for anything that looks good.