Nigerians!

rob

So I'm looking for a new place to rent. Should I be suspicious?

If you drive by the house you may see a sign there, you have nothing to worry about it belongs to our previous agent so you have absolutely nothing to worry about and you don't have to call them because they do not have access to the house anymor

:lmao:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for been interested in my house. I am the owner of the home which you are making inquiry,right now the house is still Available for rent.I decided to rent out the house because we are going to spending more time here in Abuja for about 3 to 4 years here... Let me start by introducing myself.

I am very new in this landlord business. However, My name is ETULAIN JOHN M i and my family own the house, Due to my job as a Am a Medical Doctor, I work for American Red Cross Lutheran Hospital Donor Center,and now i have been transfer to Abuja to work in a branch in Abuja. I spent less time in the States,the initial plan was to sale out the House. which I tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell so If you drive by the house you may see a sign there, you have nothing to worry about it belongs to our previous agent so you have absolutely nothing to worry about and you don't have to call them because they do not have access to the house anymore, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in Abuja that I decided to rent out the house myself. However,the house rent includes all the utilities in the house so there is nothing to worry about that utilities,so that is the reason and more we need a responsible person or family that can take very good care of just like is, I’m interesting in a good tenant that will consider the home as his/her personal home and take good care of it,We will be very pleased if we can find the right/potential tenant to rent our home

Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property so i wont want you to take advantage of me because i wont be in the states please once again i will want you to take care of my house well and good okay, so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word, if there is anything you really want to ask me just feel free to do so ok, i want you to let take each order just like family,so you are free to move in as soon as you wish okay and i pray everything works the way i have planed....

Information about the house below:

The rent is: $1500 Security Deposit: $750

5 : Bedroom 3 : Bathroom

Address: 2340 30th Avenue S, Seattle WA

Size: 2,560 sqft

Pet are also Welcome.

Interior:

Washer/dryer connection Hardwood floor

Kitchen & dining:

Garbage disposal Range/oven Granite countertops

Bed & bath:

Master on main

Jacuzzi tub

Exterior:

car garage Deck Irrigation system

Available August 7th. Traditional 5 bedroom home in Mount Baker Neighborhood of Seattle. Located near many community and business amenities, and easy access to I-5 and I-90. This 2560 asf home boasts an upstairs master suite with beautiful bath, walk in closet, and office space. All generously sized bedrooms, and a bath on every level. Features include: hardwood floors, eat-in kitchen with stainless appliances,, entertainment sized deck, fenced yard, gas heat, storage, washer/dryer, fireplace with insert, tankless hot water tank....

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

RENT APPLICATION FORM

FIRST NAME:__________?

MIDDLE NAME:__________?

LAST NAME:__________?

SEX:__________?

DATE OF BIRTH:_________?

PROFESSION:__________?

PHONE:

(CELL)PHONE__________?

(WORK)PHONE__________?

(HOME)PHONE__________?

WHICH NUMBER IS THE BEST TO CALL YOU ON__________?

MARITAL STATUS:__________?

KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________

PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________

CITY: _______________

STATE:______________

ZIP CODE: ____________

WORK ADDRESS:

CITY: _______________

STATE:______________

ZIP CODE: ____________

DO YOU HAVE A CAR:_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________

HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING

WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?

IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,

HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________?

WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________?

THE EXACT DATE ? ______________?

DO YOU AGREE TO PAY THE DEPOSIT BEFORE RECEIVING THE KEYS

_____________?

WHEN DO YOU INTEND PAYING THE DEPOSIT_____________?

IF YOU HAVE A PET,

KIND OF PETS: _____________?

HABITS

DO YOU SMOKE ______________ ?

DO YOU DRINK ______________?

DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____?

PLEASE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF......

Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you...Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documentation and the keys to you, please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words, you know that we have not seen yet and only putting everything into Gods hands, so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this, The house will be available for rent for a period of 4 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there...

TAKE NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE BY AND SEE MY HOUSE FROM THE OUTSIDE AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RENTING GET THE APPLICATION FORM FILLED OUT AND SEND IT BACK TO ME YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT ME @( +234-815-822-8824 OR 011-234-815-822-8824) IF YOU DONT HAVE ACCES TO CALL ME YOU COULD SEND ME A TEXT TO LET ME KNOW HOW INTERESTED YOU ARE OKAY...

Thank so much for your interest once again...

Yours Sincerely

ETULAIN JOHN M

I like that the cut-and-pasted info about the house lacks the grammatical innovation of the rest of the letter.

I was a little surprised to find there really is a "American Red Cross Lutheran Hospital Donor Center", though it is in Ft Wayne IN rather than Seattle or Abuja. I'd assumed that was just an amalgam of quasi virtuous words strung together.

I got a "Nigerian Letter" last year... in the mail. Printed out letter, envelope addressed to me, postage stamp, return address, just like a proper letter. Apparently someone with the same surname died intestate, and I'm the only person they could find with the same name so they're going to send me the entire estate (minus administative fees, of course, but that's not unreasonable). I've still got the letter, but I think I've lost the envelope. I can't throw it away - take it out from time to time and puzzle over it.

Whoever sent it is going to a fair bit of trouble and expense mailing out boxes of these things in hopes of getting a response from someone. I guess even the stupid people have figured out that the emails are junk, so now the scammers are resorting to sending actual letters in the hope they will seem more legitimate and thus suck in the people who are just smart enough to delete the email, but still stupid enough to reply to the letter.

Apparently someone with the same surname died intestate, and I'm the only person they could find with the same name so they're going to send me the entire estate (minus administative fees, of course, but that's not unreasonable).

You have absolutely nothing to worry about.