buffalo wing sauce...

ivan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had this stuff. How does it compare to cock sauce (which I find too vinegary).
Sriacha is more of an "asian" flavor and I like it but find it a bit too vinegary, too. This stuff is a lot thinner, closer to Tabasco (though not too close in flavor). I think it is quite a bit hotter than Sriacha as well???

Seems like most bottled/store bought hot sauces are loaded w vinegar. I like to make my own with fresh red serrano peppers (best if home grown). You can make all kinds of home made hot sauces and avoid all that extra vinagar and other fillers.

MMMM, honey mustard & ginger, serrano bbq wings. Must make now.

I've never had this stuff. How does it compare to cock sauce (which I find too vinegary).

not sure if it's good to compare western n' eastern cuisines :)

oh wait, was that a gay thing? :hcluv:

Using Sriacha in mexican dishes does not work for me. Conversely, it is the only sauce I use in making authentic sushi and other Asian cooking. Any other "spanish" style sauces just f's up the authenticity/flavor profile. IMO.

...jesus, is there anything it's NOT good on? i seem to be going through more bottles of this shit than bourbon these days :grin:

20110202-wing-sauce-franks-red-hot.jpg

it even perks up cold coffee i've found - next i'll try it on cleansing fresh wounds :)

Have you tried it on a Ritz cracker with vanilla ice cream? Yes, I'm serious. I LOVE a Ritz with vanilla ice cream and a few sliced Serrano peppers on top. The salty, sweet crunchy mixed with the ice cold, silky & spicy is over the top fawking delictable goodness. Don't knock it till ya try it!

Have you tried it on a Ritz cracker with vanilla ice cream? Yes, I'm serious. I LOVE a Ritz with vanilla ice cream and a few sliced Serrano peppers on top. The salty, sweet crunchy mixed with the ice cold, silky & spicy is over the top fawking delictable goodness. Don't knock it till ya try it!

i'll get my white lab-coat out of the dusty corner of the closet it's currently residing in and conduct some experiments this evening - might have to settle for the jalapenos though, as them n' bannana n' cayenne peckers are what i got growing out back at the moment :)

How is it between peanut butter and mayo in a sammich?
Don't forget the anchovies.

and to deep fry it n' serve it up w/ a beer in a frosty glass :brew:

i'll take that bet for a buck, american or canadian funny-money, no difference :)

Texas Pete is better to me, but I have a bottle of Frank's in the fridge too. I can get small single size ketchup packets of Texas Pete at the chow hall too which is a bonus.

Oyster's with some Frank's or Texas Pete is the shiz!

granted, good sir, the genus is the subject, not the species! :)

Texas Pete is better to me, but I have a bottle of Frank's in the fridge too. I can get small single size ketchup packets of Texas Pete at the chow hall too which is a bonus.

Mmmmmmmm, oysters! On that subject I'm a purist. Horseradish and tabasco sauce, and a squeeze a lemon. I can eat a couple dozen right now...

Mmmmmmmm, oysters! On that subject I'm a purist. Horseradish and tabasco sauce, and a squeeze a lemon. I can eat a couple dozen right now...

Ivan prefers snails sickie

Ivan prefers snails sickie

actually anyone whose spent more than few hours in my presence knows i'm a true opportunist and will eat/drink/smoke/suck/fuck/consume/consume/consume! damn near anything i can get my paws on, especially if the sap's flowing and the moon's full :rawk:

random chance led to me expiring my last bottle of the good stuff this morning, leaving me nothing but cock sauce for the ratatouille concoction the wife knocked together for dinner 2night - not bad, i reckon, though frank's woulda fucked it up in a straight confrontation, i feel :)