• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

I have got out the heat gun and am trying to put extra bends in my carbon fibre
[laf]
shafts so I can go leashless this year - cause we all know LEASHEZ ARE AID!!!

Yeah just bend em up like this

-

Leashes are for wimps [Mad]

[ 10-08-2002, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

quote:

Originally posted by James:

Will Gadd: 5.9, A2 or M.FH...

wonder what the FH stands for
[laf]

"MFH" is like "MF Overhang" except "hard" instead of "overhang"

Or maybe it means it is graded M Freshiez Hog and he'd rather be skiing than climbing some stupid 40 foot rock roof to a hanging ice smear.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

quote:

Originally posted by James:

Will Gadd: 5.9, A2 or M.FH...

wonder what the FH stands for
[laf]

"MFH" is like "MF Overhang" except "hard" instead of "overhang"

Or maybe it means it is graded M Freshiez Hog and he'd rather be skiing than climbing some stupid 40 foot rock roof to a hanging ice smear.

i dunno what MF Overhang means, but that's probably cuz i aint good enuf to climb the things!

i was thinking more along the lines of Mixed.F'n Hard [Roll Eyes]

<pointless rant>

You tend to think of evolution as always leading to the most efficient solution, but that’s not really true. Actually, evolution involves a lot of trial and error, with a lot of mistakes. For example, there are those peacocks with the huge tails. The tail actually slows them down, makes them more vulnerable and the biologists figure that the reason they evolved was to impress the female birds, i.e. “hey, baby, I’m so big and strong that I can drag this huge tail around and still outrun predators.” But every so often, a bird is born whose tail is just too dang big and they end up as dinner. That’s what the new quark makes me think of.

I picked one up in a shop a few weeks ago, you know, swinging at the air and all, and I was shocked at how awkward it felt, it’s *really* top heavy, in fact it’s rather difficult to hold it straight up in the air. I realized it was because the leashless bolted mixed M8 crowd doesn’t actually swing their tools, they just set them gently on edges and such. But it kind of made me sad; for the last many years, ice tools have been evolving in a way that made them both more efficient and more beautiful. I mean, the previous version of the quark just felt sleek in your hand, slipping behind the wheel of a porsche. I can’t speak to how well the new quark works, it probably climbs like no tomorrow, but it sure is ugly.

</pointless rant>