Rabbit Ears/Mountain Runners

Tyson.g

I am a huge fan of the mountain runners in alpine climbing.

Extremely versatile and damn handy.

Really easy to remove from around the neck (gear sling style) while climbing and no worries about which hand is free when trying to get one from around your neck, unlike sewn runners.

I just wanted to plug for a good friend the fact that he has these available on ebay at a damn good price.

Search for "rabbit runners" and you will get there.

These are local made and I have been using this same brand for over 15 years, I highly recommend them and supporting a local company.

There is more than that available from the same seller:

Pins, Ice screws etc.

Check em out!

KGrHqV_n0E-v2loRWhBPzu_-4Cog_60_12.jpg

I would be glad to forward link but did not want to break the rules by linking to EBAY on here so pm me and I will link you up, or you could use your tight infernet skills and navigate there yourself

Cheers!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it, how are they used? Just like a sling, but clipped together with a biner and worn over your shoulder? I don't see the advantage over a standard extendable trad draw worn on your harness. But, I only really climb rock.

It will function as:

1)A regular length runner (both end clipped together)

2)A double length runner (one biner on each end)

3)A girth hitched runner on alpine routes (think shrub or tree etc) where there is a loop that will allow the biner end to be run through it and viola girth hitched and nice and extended

4)It can also be doubled up to make a draw if necessary

One of my favorite aspects is that when around the neck you can just unclip the biner from one loop, pull the biner and the sling slides off of your neck. Not over the head and it does not matter what side you had slung them over.

Edited by Tyson.g

I don't see the advantage over a standard extendable trad draw worn on your harness.

Length of a double, weight of a single, versatility of both. Bill Forrest is rumored to have sewn the first ones.

Edited by DPS

better for making anchors. (with hard knot,not the sliding X) I got one that would be the length of a double sling and can easily make 3 point gear anchors in most situations. A gear anchor with a double runner would have to have the pieces rather close together.