Mid week Leavenworth....Dragontail -Prusik

Dane

Anyone interested in moderate climbs mid week Tues to Friday? One day or multiples? Lots of options on climbs and times/dates. But generally some what longer c2c efforts hold my interest as do bottom to top cragging trad routes. I will likely be in the area climbing Tuesday thru Friday.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend keeps telling me I have no clue but my thought is the gullies are climbable and the ridge rocks routes as well...neither in perfect shape. Gerber/Sink might not be much fun. Weather is suppose to be good Tuesday through the weekend. I was there a couple of days before the road reopened. At least the trail will likely be more fun :)

I have no current information but I have climbed Backbone much earlier in the year than this and although there was snow for drinking water the climbing was dry. I'd be surprised if it was not OK now. We climbed rock pitches at the start that are typically avoided now, though.

Dtail could be a go..

For sure s face of prusik is a go as is acid baby (both south facing). FWIW some friends attempted n ridge of stuart today and approached in rain the majority of the way (40-50% chance) and bailed..

My itinerary would be acid baby day one with a bivy on the plateau then s face prusik day two, hike snow creek out for a two day loop of the range. damn good trip, but it sounds like your interested in c2c.

but for sure you could get up the ridge routes on dtail with a bit of grit and some possible moistness (in the ca rockies it would be perfecto conditions all day..).

if you end up cragging in ltown give me a holler. hoping to get into the range on thurs.

Asgard? Nasty place if you are ill prepared and unaware. DT? Likely more folks both prepared and aware have been killed on DT than all the rest of the Enchantments/Staurt combined.

May be I should just stay home and watch TV:)

But Sol is right...likely next week and a little sunshine will make anything possible. Seems to in the Rockies anyway!