Stollen Gear and more out of my car in Portland

Ren Ren

Yesterday, the 25th, my car was broken into in NE Portland. Taken:

-A full rack: of cams, nuts, 9 quick draws, about 6 lockers, a few slings, and other thinks like nut tool... on a butterfly Metolious gear sling.

-2 Pairs of climbing Shoes: 1 Muira (either 34 or 34.5 yellow velcro) and Scarpa (I think size 6, pretty blue with silver lining, lace ups- agressive)

-BD ladies lavender harness

-BD blue helmet

-BD red climbing bag bag (I think revalation?)

-Osprey Manta backpack

-Lumex camera

-Acrteryx Atom Jacket- Women's, Turquois

-Rei Blue fleece- windpro with hood

-two thermal women's tops: magenta MacPac, and tan Kavu

-OR women's small windpro gloves

-2 USB ports

-Other random clothes- tank, pants...

Please somehow universe get some of my favorite things back to me.

Email: k.rosenbloom@gmail.com

Thanks for looking folks!

-Karen

Edited by Ren Ren

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This happened to me at the Alpental parking lot when I was on an overnight trip. Not quite as much stuff as you but close. Had to drive back to the house with no drivers window. They busted the lock out but still couldn't get it open so broke the window. Ever since then I've always had car alarms in my vehicles.

They busted my window on the road by Granite Falls (meth heads) but didn't take anything ($1500 worth), so maybe the alarm scared them off.

The main key is never leave anything of value visible. Also if you have a bunch of stuff in the car and cover it up they will break in to see what it is that's covered up. My car has some hidden storage compartments. So rather than leave stuff under the hatch cargo cover I'll put it in the hidden compartments so it doesn't look like stuff is covered up. Then I'll leave an old ragged duffle open with some worthless clothes as a decoy.

Browse Craigslist and maybe all the climbing forums, sometimes they are stupid enough to try and sell it in public. You have to prove it's yours, helps if it's marked, or if they sell everything at once.

It would be fun to set up a sting operation. A beater car with a laptop on the seat. Hide in a tree with a crossbow with barbed titanium arrows that are engraved with the words "I am a thief". Shoot them right in the gluteus maximus.

That is shitty. Probably some meth head or heroin addict. Did you file a police report? Maybe call all the pawn shops with a description of your gear.

I had a plain, white workman's pickup truck with a strong diamond plate aluminum tool box bolted to the bed. The locks were good, strong steel ones. I could fit my approach skis and my and my parnter's gear in it. No stickers of any kind to indicate what might be inside. Never had an incident.