• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
hamballs

WTB: Sky Valley Rock Guidebook

Can't find a copy of this book anywhere? Does anyone have one sitting around they aren't using? Or has anyone seen one in a local shop?

Sky Valley Rock: A Guide to the Rock Climbs of the Skyomish River Valley (Paperback)

by Darryl Cramer

I'm aware of the alternative options (Clint's Index guide and a few websites). What I'm trying to avoid is what Keenwish pointed out...

Sky Valley Rock: A Guide to the Rock Climbs of the Skyomish River Valley by Darryl Cramer (Paperback - May 1, 2000)

3 used from $174.00

Anyone else have an idea?

keep watching amazon. every once and a while an affordable one pops up. I got a copy a few months ago for less that $50.

you might also contact those sellers and counteroffer. those prices are ridiculous - no climber would pay that (I don't think).

climbing at index is kinda fun without a guidebook. you can bum info from other people about certain walls, head up to them, and climb whatever looks good. after a season or two you'll have your own guidebook in your head.

The only guidebook worth $100 is Private Dancer. I've been insanely busy lately (as in the the last year or so) but I do have guidebooks still available. I'd like to work something out so the WCC rather than me gets any profits. Details to follow.

That said a new improved guide book is in the works. The intent is to use it to fund on going Index expenses. (ie gear upgrade, toilet pumping) It won't be ready this year for sure.

(Ryan let's figure something out)

Edited by DCramer

The only guidebook worth $100 is Private Dancer. I've been insanely busy lately (as in the the last year or so) but I do have guidebooks still available. I'd like to work something out so the WCC rather than me gets any profits. Details to follow.

That said a new improved guide book is in the works. The intent is to use it to fund on going Index expenses. (ie gear upgrade, toilet pumping) It won't be ready this year for sure.

(Ryan let's figure something out)

I've got two copies of private dancer, really cool guidebook! equal parts art to guidebook.

We just acquired 15 copies of Sky Valley Rock at Edgeworks Climbing Gym in Tacoma. We are selling them for $20 and all proceeds benefit the WCC(Washington Climbers Coalition). First come first serve! Sorry if this undercuts folks making $$$ on some books. But for a good cause...