wtf? Prison for camping too close to a river?

rob

12 years!

A couple whose young sons drowned in an Ohio river while they slept in a tent nearby has been sentenced to 12 years in prison.

The Kleins, who live in Zanesville, went camping with the two boys, Ayden Leroy Cecil, 3, and Anthony Joseph Tullius, 2, in June at Muskingum River State Park. The two brothers awoke during the night and apparently wandered off.

Prosecutors argued the Kleins were careless to pitch their tent only 25 feet from the river.

Holy shit, seriously? There must be a big part of this story missing....

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldn't be suprised - a good cover story if you were freaking out over having kids and wanted to ditch them?

sure, but can you really send people to prison for 12 years on that kind of speculation? And then say it's because they camped too close to a river? Weird, isn't it?

the issue is not camping close to a river, the issue is negligence leading to the deaths of children. you know like leaving poison out and having children drink it, or leaving a loaded gun lying around and having a child shoot themself or someone else.

rivers kill people. http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreationalSafety/Water-Safety/waterinjuries-factsheet.html

so do swimming pools and oceans

wouldn't be suprised - a good cover story if you were freaking out over having kids and wanted to ditch them?

sure, but can you really send people to prison for 12 years on that kind of speculation? And then say it's because they camped too close to a river? Weird, isn't it?

If there is not more to this story, then it is definitely f-d up.

the issue is not camping close to a river, the issue is negligence leading to the deaths of children. you know like leaving poison out and having children drink it, or leaving a loaded gun lying around and having a child shoot themself or someone else.

rivers kill people. http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreationalSafety/Water-Safety/waterinjuries-factsheet.html

so do swimming pools and oceans

soon they will say taking your kids camping at all is too risky.

Some lady called 911 once because my 9 yo daughter was playing by herself at the park ACROSS THE STREET. The cops showed up at my door while I was cooking dinner, with my daughter and the crazy woman who called 911 in tow.

Edited by rob

Some lady called 911 once because my 9 yo daughter was playing by herself at the park ACROSS THE STREET. The cops showed up at my door while I was cooking dinner, with my daughter and the crazy woman who called 911 in tow.

That is so retarded.

When I was growing up we would disappear for hours... and that was a welcome relief to the parents. Our society is so fearful of everything these days.

Yep. Just ask Kasey Anthony about dangers of swimming pools. These parents must not have been lookers. Should teach them young ems to swim before the river trip.

And yes, if multiple kids die on your camping trip, expect the cops to ask a few questions.

Edited by geoff

That is so retarded.

When I was growing up we would disappear for hours... and that was a welcome relief to the parents. Our society is so fearful of everything these days.

When I was 10 or 11 my parents let me ride my dirt bike through the forest by myself all day. There were no cell phones, either. I'd crash that shit into trees and try to hide the bent levers from my father. Sometimes they weren't even home -- that was the best.

That is so retarded.

When I was 10 or 11 my parents let me ride my dirt bike through the forest by myself all day. There were no cell phones, either. I'd crash that shit into trees and try to hide the bent levers from my father. Sometimes they weren't even home -- that was the best.

Oh the horror! And I bet you didn't even wear a bike helmet!!!

That is so retarded.

the same - and it columbia, south carolina no less, so i spent plenty of time as 7 year old hanging out w/ white supremacists in the woods :)