Snowmobiles in the Sky

Tyson.g

I kinda think the issue you all seem to want to ignore is the close high speed pass technique used on Tyson.g.

Kinda rude and kinda dumb.

If one rushed up on a pedestrian like that with a motorcycle, there is no doubt one is sending a message and might get into real trouble aka 'get off my lawn' or with the PD.

Not much one can do about that, except maybe vandalize their snow machines while the riders are out skiing.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know, if they would have had the decency to have stopped and chatted or preferably offered me a beer or something, then we could have had a friendly discourse.

I just thought the guilty look and the half assed courtesy waves seemed a little cavalier and yeah the high speed run by did not win any points on this end.

I have been around and passed by several snowmobiles in other areas and don't really give a hoot. Mater of fact I have passed peds on snowmobiles and gave them as wide of berth as the road allowed and did not feel guilty or out of place one bit.

The point of my post was simply vent a little and maybe get some other peoples opinions.

One thing seeing that display did for me is make me re-think the work I have done with a hand drill in the wilderness when I guess I could have just as easily brought my HILTI.

I kinda think the issue you all seem to want to ignore is the close high speed pass technique used on Tyson.g.

Kinda rude and kinda dumb.

If one rushed up on a pedestrian like that with a motorcycle, there is no doubt one is sending a message and might get into real trouble aka 'get off my lawn' or with the PD.

Not much one can do about that, except maybe vandalize their snow machines while the riders are out skiing.

The asshole in me wanted to pull the fuel lines off while they were out skiing so they could enjoy the walk out but what good would that have done anyone?

The asshole in me wanted to pull the fuel lines off while they were out skiing so they could enjoy the walk out but what good would that have done anyone?

It would have taught them the value of a wilderness experience.

Edited by DPS

You'll figure it after a few more repetitions...perhaps.

Meanwhile, back to the actual thread...

I'm not sure cutting fuel lines is really what we want to be all about. One of those naughty snowmobilers gets injured out there and...yeah. Kind of a bad karma sandwich, no?

Edited by tvashtarkatena

FS called me today for more details.

Really nice folks.

Said this was the first report of Sleds in that area.

FS also said they are going to put more signs at the entrance to the valley/meadows from the old road grade side and patrol the start point off Beckler more often to educate those who recreate.

It's a useful thing to report these sightings, or better yet to document tracks, for wildlife purposes as well. Here in Wyo we were having problems with antler hunters running ATV's in all sorts of places they shouldn't go and it was the Game Wardens and not the feds with their britches in a bunch as it had a big effect on deer and especially elk.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2012/jan/28/tension-between-snowmobilers-other-winter-users/

it's an ongoing problem made worse by ever more powerful machines and that alluring "those rules don't apply to me. i know better" attitude. i ran into snow machine tracks way up at the head of the icicle while doing wolverine surveys a number of years ago.

piss on the bc skiers that sled into designated wilderness areas. "where's the helmet cam, dude?" it's not like they can't read a map (um, right?). same thing goes for the mountain bikers poaching wilderness trails and sections of the pct.