Hey Parents, Do You Ever Wonder...

Greg_W

...What kind of fucked up home life Christopher Robin had that he had to invent some weird fantasy about animals that talked and lived in the woods by his house. Not to mention the fact that the main character was an orange bear wearing only a belly-shirt. And do you worry about Roo being raised by a single mother (Kanga) without a father-figure?

Maybe I shouldn't drink rum and coke and watch the "Tigger Movie" with my daughter. [big Grin]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

quote:

Originally posted by Muffy The Wanker Sprayer:

(snip)

Disney is EVIL
[Eek!]
It's like KID CRACK

I have not seen that site before, but heard about most of that stuff. What pisses me off the most is more MUNDANE I am sure. I feel like disney has raped our history by stealing GOOD fairy tales with valuble lessons and turning them into mindles entertainment. Most people don't even remember now where the orrigianal stories came form, or that they were ment to help teach children and all people much like the medicine stories of the native americans. I love folk lore of all kinds ( I am no expert by any means) those are my favorite kinds of stories. Disney sucks

[Mad]

quote:

Originally posted by Muffy The Wanker Sprayer:

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Dnald Duck comic books taught me to read. That and Tintin and Flintstones. Sad eh!

beats not learning to read

[Wink]
but now we know why you are soooooooo strange
[big Grin][Wink]
Yeah and why I curse and say "Blistering barnacles!" when I get upset!

Summer vacation to disney land 6yrs old donald duck and richi rich the WHOLE WAY.... three weeks on the road man...

flash backs... [Eek!][Eek!][laf][laf]

P.S. just found those comics and gave them to my kids, they don't like them all that much because there isn't enough "action" read VIOLENCE [Roll Eyes]

You should read Tove Jansson to your kids. I think they had cartoons made from her books too.

-

In fact many of the Moomin characters are like cc.commers

Little My is kinda like Fern. Moomintroll is vaguely AlpineK. Sniff is a bit Scott'teryxish. Allison would be the Groke and Edward The Booble is very Mike Adamsonish (he always pays for the funeral after he 'accidentally' kills someone. And I myself am a total Snufkin!

OK I will shut up about Moomins now. [geek][geek] Anybody got any new giant squid news????

[ 11-13-2002, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Dru ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

You should read Tove Jansson to your kids. I think they had cartoons made from her books too.

Little My is kinda like Fern.

Wow you guys are digging deep into my past now. I remember vaguley all these characters.

Here's Little My: -

I don't remember the books enough to speak up on whether she is like fern or not.

[ 11-13-2002, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: snoboy ]