Christmas Gift Idea

JayB

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also see that KKK is still trying to run away from his record of warmongering and of backing any and most regressive talking points that come up in these discussions.

"record of warmongering" - whatever that is supposed to mean - has nothing to do with this thread. War, support of specific wars or political regimes that have been involved in wars have nothing to do with morons who reject vaccinntions of their children, and think it will make them stronger to suffer through the measles, hooping cough, or whatever.

Again, you change the subject, attribute and make up positions of your opponents on unrelated subjects. "regressive talking points" - more of the same.

Stick to the topic at hand for once, you brain-addled, profoundly retarded civil-servant.

It has to do with this thread since you claimed that I usually make up my interlocutors' positions, which is certainly not true. I have only said about you what your positions have been. Never did you rebut my comments at the moments I made them, which is certainly very convenient for you to now claim out of context that it is untrue.

It has to do with this thread since you claimed that I usually make up my interlocutors positions, which is certainly not true. I have only said about you what your positions have been. Never did you rebut my comments at the moments I made them, which is certainly very convenient for you to now claim out of context that it is untrue.

Don't worry j_bot, I'll make it very clear when you engage in your tactics over the next few days.

It has to do with this thread since you claimed that I usually make up my interlocutors' positions, which is certainly not true. I have only said about you what your positions have been. Never did you rebut my comments at the moments I made them, which is certainly very convenient for you to now claim out of context that it is untrue.

:noway::noway:

Love the image of a transcendentally progressive yoga Mom obsessing over the potential effects of trace amounts bisphenol-A, herbicides, GMOs on her tykes while leaving them unvaccinated.
...and uncircumcised. I'm very well acquainted with just such a person of which you speak... :rolleyes:

"trace amounts" is basically a lie because many populations today receive more than trace amounts of pesticides and other toxic chemical byproducts of human activity for which there is considerable evidence of toxicity to us (and our environment). Also note that what constitutes "trace amounts" has been revised for as long as we know.

"trace amounts" is basically a lie because many populations today receive more than trace amounts of pesticides and other toxic chemical byproducts of human activity for which there is considerable evidence of toxicity to us (and our environment). Also note that what constitutes "trace amounts" has been revised for as long as we know.

You've evidently got "trace amounts" of functioning neurotransmitters.

what's your fucking point, j_bot?

My point is that, not only do you appear to claim that pesticides aren't a problem, but you refuse to clarify your meaning, which is consistent with your trying to run away from your record.

I claim nothing of the sort. Again you make shit up about your interlocutor - exemplifying your "tactics". Quod erat demonstrandum. Now fuck off.

I am not making anything up. You are defending JayB against my pointing out his conflating people worried about pesticides and other arguably nocive agents with "progressive transcendental yoga moms" who would refuse to vaccinate their children.

Of course, it had to end up with an attack on progressives. As if there wasn't plenty of evidence that some pesticides, bisphenol-A, GMO's, etc .. are hazardous to our health and/or that of the environment. The technique is straight out of a neoliberal "think-tank" ...

How would you describe the politics of the non-vaccinating folks in Vashon and Ashland, kemosabe?

I have no idea but you ought to know plenty about it considering that you brought up this particular topic a half dozen times (yet you never bring up for example how corporate "food" is ruining people's health, which surely is a much more significant issue/crisis than a few people refusing vaccination). So lets see how you know who these people are as group and whether their political orientation rather than say religion is relevant to this issue.

But, none of this addresses your disingenuously conflating the refusal of vaccination with avoiding pesticides and other things mentioned previously.

The point is that the type of Mom worrying about the kinds of things I cited is worrying about stuff that has risks that range from zero (consuming transgenic crops) to infinitesimal (consuming trace amounts of agricultural pesticides), instead of infectious diseases that are many orders of magnitude likely to actually harm her children *and* put the health of the very young, the very old, and the immunocompromised at risk.

E.g. lots of worry about stuff that's not actually a threat to her kid's health, while obsessively campaigning against things that can actually protect her kids and others from very real threats that do very real harm.

Even funnier is running into hip, with-it, "pro-science" parents that are vocally lamenting the scientific illiteracy of the American public who are fretting over the slightest exposure to traces of a weak estrogen mimetic like BPA while their kids are sucking down gallons of soy-based formula that contains vastly higher concentrations of genistein, an even more potent estrogen analog. Ditto for fretting over pesticide use while campaigning against the introduction of disease and pest resistant crops that can dramatically reduce pesticide use.