feathered friends jackets

murse11

I'm in the market for a new down jacket, and have been checking out a bunch of different options. I bought a feathered friends down bag this summer, and love it, so naturally I wanted to check out there jackets - is it just me, or do all their lighter weight jackets have incredibly short torsos?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, they seem to have short torsos for me, too. Although in retrospect it's worked out nicely because it stays out of the way of my harness. Design?

LOVE my hooded helios. It's like stepping into your living room.

+1 for rab, too

Edited by rob

Rob is right on the money - our lighter weight jackets are slightly short in torso length by design so that they will stay out of the way of your harness. The Hyperion tends to feel longer in torso length compared to the Helios because it has an adjustable elastic drawcord at the hem as opposed to the stitched on lycra banding.

If you want the warmth of the Helios but like the fit of the Hyperion better it is a much less expensive proposition to overfill the Hyperion ($10/oz) than to modify the torso length of a Helios which is one of the most expensive (labor intensive) custom modifications we can do.

Right now custom orders are running a minimum 6 week turnaround time due to the increased workload at our factory for the holiday season. The best thing is often just to come into the store and start trying on jackets with assistance from one of our staff - we make so many different models and sizes we can usually find you a standard or nearly standard configuration jacket that will meet your needs so you can avoid the added cost and wait time for custom production.